Ghost iPhone app stopped working

Home Forums Technology Security Ghost iPhone app stopped working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

adamrs
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi all. A few days ago my ghost iPhone app stopped working. Had it over a year and no issues. But it wouldn’t connect at all with the car so I deleted the pairing by forced removal and reinstalled the app. Also did the forced removal procedure on the car by relearning the code. But now when I try to pair the phone with the ghost it can’t find anything. Any suggestions on this please?

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Adam, why did you go straight to forced removal rather than mutual removal? Let me know if you’re still having problems and I’ll give you a hand.

adamrs
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi Dr. RS.

Thanks, I could not connect my app at all so I believe the only option was forced removal without having the app connected? Still haven’t managed to get it working.

I can go to pair with vehicle on my phone app now but it just keeps searching and never connects when I have put the ghost into pairing mode.

I have already tried resetting the current pin code back to the same code on the ghost to try to remove the old pairing.

If you have any other suggestions that would be great.

Thanks again,

Adam

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Contact the fitting person he / she might have your answers hopefully

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

@adamrs & @Dr. RS

In the last couple of days my iPhone app for  ghost ? does its normal thing but won’t connect to the car , like it’s not seeing it, I haven’t unpaired anything . The app just stays red & won’t go green so have to do it manually.

Just asking if you found out why?

I think the app is overdue an update from autowatch, as mine out of the blue has stopped connecting??

Has worked fine since I paired it way back last year until a couple of days ago.

just thought I updated the iOS on my phone to the latest version 11.4.1 a couple of days before but never used the car till 2 days later. I wonder if it needs an app update as stopped connecting  ?

just checked and no app update is available as of now…..!

amanaman5
    Participant

UK - England

Is the app worth getting? My iPhone is running IOS12.1

i asked the fitter & was told not to bother as it’s a security risk if your phone gets stolen.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Morning Man, le and Adam,

Apologies for not seeing this post sooner. I’ve been busy doing a bit of writing and should be writing now, long story, no pun intended. Having a sneaky catch up on the forums, don’t get time these days but it’s good to have a guilty pleasure.

Funnily enough I had problems with my app a few weeks ago. Our circumstances could have all been different and to be honest I can’t remember the exact sequence of steps I took to fix things. White is right, it is best to go back to your approved installer for advice. If it was Chris Preston (aka Immobiliser Direct these days) I’m sure he would give you better advice than I can. I will keep details of how the app works a bit vague rather than explaining everything publicly as we are talking about lots of people’s car security.

For what it’s worth my scenario was my son frequently borrows my car, another long story. We always unpair by mutual removal and neither of us have had a problem re-pairing. The app has always woken up for both of us, allowing the car to start normally. He took it to the Isle of Man for a week (awesome roads) to stay with family friends. They own the best fine dining restaurant on the Island (Haworths – blatant plug). When the car was returned I wasn’t about. I had problems re-connecting. He was adamant he unpaired normally but I suspect he hadn’t and still do. I had problems getting the app to pair to the ghost. Normally it pairs instantly. I followed the instructions in the book and on the app. I did a forced removal and relearned the same PIN. I then went a bit off-piste and tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and also turned the phone off and on. I’m not sure what actually made the difference but whatever it was, when the app paired again it went back to waking up instantaneously and automatically.

I must admit sometimes the app is slow to wake up. If I wake the app up from background mode manually (as per information on the app) it does work. My normal routine is key out of faraday pouch covertly in pocket (looks a bit dodgy like you’re playing pocket billiards in public but you get more discrete at it with practice, practice is fun). Get in car, lock doors (sometimes I forget which is when driveaway locking is good), touch app to make sure it’s awake then start. I’m normally messing about with satnav, keys, radio, seat belt, nosepicking etc. for a few seconds so in that time you can see the app is awake. If it isn’t just use your PIN. Turning your phone off and on now and then seems to sort things out and wake up the app faster.

@Man I get your fitters advice. Other people are nervous the ghost can connect to the app when you are indoors and your car is on the drive. I tend to turn my bluetooth off by default to save my rubbish battery and when my car is in the garage the app doesn’t connect. It’s personal choice to use the app or not. If you have a well thought out PIN is takes seconds to input so it is no inconvenience. If your phone was lost or stolen wouldn’t you just wipe the phone using “Find My iPhone?” (assuming you have backed it up previously). I imagine your installer could unpair your ghost from your lost/stolen phone by attaching their laptop as well?

@le and Adam, I hope you get your app connections sorted if you haven’t done so already. If you’re still having problems have a go turning your phone off and on and reinstalling the app before trying to re-pair. I think it could be an IOS thing. I just installed 12.1.1 and the app wakes up just fine when I’m near the car.

Hope this helps. Keith.

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

@Dr.RS – I hope your book is as fascinating as your post. I was gripped from start, to finish. ?

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Glad you enjoyed it. Signed copy to you next Xmas ?.

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Come on then — what are you writting, Doc? (I’d love a signed copy).

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

C’mon, Doc, I know you’re itching to tell everyone…….

albert ken
    Participant

USA

Try rebooting your iPhone if the app is still not operating properly. Clearing the app cache after doing this can assist in fixing momentary bugs and refreshing the system.  i know more details about that, I love reading and designing, because i am a professional book cover designer, and providing Custom Book Cover Design Services in Los Angeles, if you want any type of cover design, so get and touch my site and download premium

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ghost iPhone app stopped working. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!