Ghost playing up

Home Forums Technology Security Ghost playing up

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Leehurky
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all had ghost fitted for about 3 weeks in that time the car has cut out twice and put all lights on dash then lost memory, also last night had it when came out from work the car opened etc but pressed the start button before entering the code and nothing happened pressed twice more then the ignition came on , entered code and started but noticed it had lost its memory again , miles per gallon etc on the trip computer and the sound plus the time, help appreciated

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Leehurky.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

If i try to turn the car on before the code my ghost wipes everything, sound settings, clock even the one touch window open stops working for abit. Super annoying! I would call the installer and ask what they think, probably have to get them back out.

440bhp

443lbft

Leehurky
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers mate going back tomorrow, I know what you mean if you try and start it etc he showed me on the demo but I’ve never done this since, it’s defo not right

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Who fitted it ? …..  sounds like it’s not been done correctly

You can switch the ignition on and operate stuff as normal, it’s only if you try to start without the code it goes haywire on the dash.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Leehurky
    Participant

UK - England

That was the first time that happened yesterday that it wouldn’t put the ignition on, other times it’s flashed the indicators then it put all lights on dash and stopped, went through the process and it started but lost it’s memory

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Also…if the hijack mode has been enabled, after starting the car do not open the drivers door again, otherwise you have to re enter your code.

If you do not do this and have opened the drivers door after starting the engine, the car will only drive for about half a mile, then kill the engine.  The indicators flash numerous times though, before this happens.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Who fitted it Lee?

Leehurky
    Participant

UK - England

Local garage mb motors, think I’m getting it removed and having pandora fitted,

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah definitely needs to be installed by professional… someone like in car advancements basildon. They have a page of recommendations should you be else where in the country.

They fitted my pandora BT when the previous owner had it.

Leehurky
    Participant

UK - England

They are a ghost installer

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

If Chris Preston aka Veil Tuning didnt fit this then I’m not surprised you are having issues – there are Ghost installers (or people who claim to be) and then there is Chris Preston who actually helps constantly develop Ghost as time goes on…

I would very much doubt its the Ghost and hinge my bets more on a shit installer…

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

^^^^^^^  what he says ^^^^^^^

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ghost playing up. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!