Goodwood FOS

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Goodwood FOS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dar_reynolds
    Participant

UK - England

I went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed for the first time on Saturday, WOW!!!!

Great to see such amazing cars, not only being owned and cherished, but very much used as well.

The only sad note was to see an RS200 end up in the bales, everyone safe but a fair bit of damage to a fabulous car, quite something to see what happens when a car like that loses downforce (the rear clamshell came off at quite high speed)

If you’ve never been, put it on your calendar for next year

dan-2
    Participant

USA

I would say for a general motorsport enthusiast, the Goodwood festival of speed is the best event you can attend in the UK (potentially in the world), and that is merely because you get to see the best elements of motorsport all in one place, along with many many other things along side.

Also everything that warrants a run up the hill is special in its own way so the day never becomes boring.

I went a few years back, I have given it a miss t0 do other events such as the IOM TT and the Assen GP but I think it will be going back next year.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

i have been every year for a long time, I remember the first one many years ago I just parked my van on the side of the road paid on the gate and walked

in, few more people attending these days lol.

left the rs at home, didnt want it covered in s$$$  went in my sons 15 year old ford fiesta !

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@dar, not been for a couple of years now, must try harder.

Not good viewing but here it is

https://youtu.be/ydL8RZfwTxQ

Honorary Member

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Went two years ago and was a great day out. Just wish it wasn’t near 500 miles from me!

dan-2
    Participant

USA

oh and as for the RS200 it crashed last year as well lol

dar_reynolds
    Participant

UK - England

The RS200 was back on the road the by Monday, I watched the shoot off last night on Youtube and it was taking part 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Goodwood FOS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!