Greetings from Seattle WA

Home Forums General Newbie Greetings from Seattle WA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Alex Vollmer
    Participant

USA

Hi all,

After owning a FoST for two years (and finally seeing the RS prices come back to earth in the US) I took the plunge and traded-up this past week. I loved that FoST, and did a few autocross and track-day events with it. But I was at that inflection point where I would have to start dumping a lot of money into upgrades to handle more high-performance driving events. Luckily, a local dealer had a brand-new 2016 they were desperate to rid themselves of, making me the proud new owner of the delightful Focus RS.

2016 White Focus RS

The dealer also had a certified pre-owned 2016 in Nitrous Blue that was a Ford press car (apparently for their professional drivers to hoon around the track with press in the passenger’s seat). I almost signed the paperwork for it and asked at the last minute, “is this car eligible for the RS Adrenaline Academy?”. Turns out the answer the was “no”, and so I took the white one instead. Having attended the ST Octane Academy in Utah after purchasing my ST a few years ago, I can safely say the value of that experience was worth the switch. I know most of the membership here is based outside of the US, but if you have any way of swinging a trip to Utah to get to the Ford Racing Academy, it is worth it.

I’ve had my eye on this car since it was announced. Last summer I spent two weeks in the UK and was amazed at how many FoSTs and FoRSs I saw. These are both somewhat unusual models to see in the US still (or at least in my neck of the woods). So much so that ST andRS owners tend wave/nod/flash headlights when they pass each other as if executing a secret handshake in a secret club.

Prior to purchasing, I did a lot of poking around the web and kept coming back to this site. What a fantastic collection of resources! The members seem like a cheerful, knowledgeable bunch of enthusiasts.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Alex, welcome to the “white is right club” !! I’m sure Bob will be along in a minute for an ogle too, he is dying to swap his cough cough black one for a fresh white one ! oh, and you have the sunroof too! great spec.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Yes Mike I’m here to ogle at the white beastie. Wow what an introduction from Alex. Welcome to the forum Alex congratulations on a great purchase. Another one for Team Mike. Like the pic too.

Honorary Member

Alex Vollmer
    Participant

USA

Thanks, gents. I was worried the sunroof would cut down the cabin height when wearing a helmet. My ST also had the sunroof which left me with about a half-inch of clearance on track days. I actually brought my helmet to the dealership for test drives in models with and without the sunroof. Despite the somewhat tall seating position, I was able to get my helmeted melon to fit with the sunroof with even a little more headroom than the ST.

That said, I’m still thinking about lowering the seats (just one of many upgrades to consider for the future).

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Total respect Alex, taking your crash helmet to the dealership, that’s dedication to owning an RS

Honorary Member

Alex Vollmer
    Participant

USA

Ha! Thanks bobcat. It makes me sound more bad-ass than I really am. The real test would have been getting groceries and driving my pre-teen daughter around town in rush-hour traffic. But that just doesn’t sound very cool.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Alex, trust me driving the RS around in rush hour traffic “You’ll be cool” the only thing will be the lack of mpg…… But who cares you’re in a Focus RS hahaha

PS the groceries just about go in when you carry a full size spare wheel

Photograph

Honorary Member

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Bread and milk at least! ? Hello and welcome!

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

Greetings from Lincoln

The original Lincoln, that is, in Lincolnshire, UK.

Happy RSing about

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Greetings from Seattle WA. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!