Hacking the SYNC 3 System/Screen/Radio

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Hacking the SYNC 3 System/Screen/Radio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Z K
    Participant

USA

Hey Mates!

So has anyone been able to successfully hack/modify the SYNC 3 system? I am curious to see what is out there, and what is possible?

My initial interests would be to have the following from most desired/highest priority to least:

• Get rid of the annoying “features have been disabled while your vehicle is in motion” popup.

• Auxiliary video input via HDMI (or mini/micro), or RCA mini jack AV, or even regular component/video input.
    • Android screen mirroring/sharing.
    • Web browser / open WiFi and system access.
    • Streaming apps/videos like youtube, etc…
    • Android apps (e.g. torque with ODBII adapter)….
    • GoPro WiFi integration / dash cam / track cam (I know I know this one is way out there hopes and dreams).

What are everyone’s thoughts? Feedback? Or any info already out there?

2016 Ford Focus RS
    Frozen White — RS2 Package — Moonroof   (Took Delivery 07/16/2016)

Mountune Quick Shift — TurboSmart Dual Port BOV — AEM Air Filter — Debadged

James Garritson
    Participant

USA

There isn’t much information available about your questions. I have a huge interest in your suggestions too. The Sync 3 plays mp4 files as music, but it doesn’t seem there is a way of showing the video. The. USB ports can play 128gb flash drives very well, but the beautiful screen needs the ability to play both video and images when the vehicle is in park. The GoPro idea would work well for my Ford Transit 350 on numerous occasions. I’ve searched both Amazon and ebay, but there isn’t anything available YET. Here’s hoping a lot of products are made very soon.

Z K
    Participant

USA

If we can get something like this for SYNC 3 with added HDMI/USB/WiFi connections that’d be a great start:

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT422/mytouch-vim13f-cam.html

2016 Ford Focus RS
    Frozen White — RS2 Package — Moonroof   (Took Delivery 07/16/2016)

Mountune Quick Shift — TurboSmart Dual Port BOV — AEM Air Filter — Debadged

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hacking the SYNC 3 System/Screen/Radio. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!