HEAD GASKET

Home Forums General Newbie HEAD GASKET

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

kevin meads
    Participant

UK - England

HI THERE HAD A SERVICE DONE TODAY OUICK OIL CHANGE FILTER AND A HEALTH CHECK ALL FINE APART FROM HEAD GASKET SLIGHT OIL LEAK SO I SAID IT WAS CHANGED ON RECALL THEY SAID YES IT WAS BUT THEY CAN GO AGAIN THIS TIME ITS DOWN TO THE OWNER TO GET FIXED IS THAT CORRECT SO FORD WANT HELP IN ANY WAY THANKS KEVIN

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Well I’m afraid they talking out there arses had they do said GASKET correct in first place , we wouldn’t be have this conversation, utter arse holes the lot of them . I’m dreading the day they if they do find oil on mine , we will be having a in depth conversation about who has to pay given the fact it’s never been driven in anger, they had the car for 12 days so let’s assume they do a proper job .

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Apologies for the crap grammar bloody pre text 👍🤣😢

kevin meads
    Participant

UK - England

HI THERE IM GOING TO E-MAIL FORD WARRANTY AND SEE IF THEY WILL PAY SOMETHING TOWARDS THE FIX IF THEY DONT ITS TWO GRAND THANKS KEVIN

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

caps off 😂

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Slightly going off piste , we waited years for the RS FOCUS MK1 , never got to drive them as none available, so test drive out of the question so do you think many a client would of been put off by the awful torque steer. but the car itself was great I had no problems in the 6 years of ownership, so why are we all getting problems with the mk3 , reading all the lists of problems people are having it would of been a none brainier to walk away,if they listed all possible faults the car could come across in ownership, they would of had far fewer sales i do think it was a rush job which was initially bought to light with the HEAD GASKET, sorry for the rant folks take care all . 👍👍🤣

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Social media to blame for one, many cars in the past that had issues we never really heard of them unless you knew someone who had the car…now the slightest little niggle and it’s plastered everywhere.

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

Jay Tea
    Participant

UK - England

My car went in for a service yesterday. I was advised the head gasket had a slight weep. Even though I purposely bought a 18 plate to try to miss the head gasket issue. My engine was built nov 17 aswell so well after the july 17 fix date where the correct gaskets were fitted from new.

i was advised its £1999 to have this rectified 😬 but also told its a very minir weap and even after say another 10k miles it may not be much worse.

so my question is, would you worry about this slight weap or not? Whats the worst thing that can happen if left?

Magnetic Grey, FPM375 Kit, Sunroof, Lux Pack, Winter Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Carbon Knob and Handbrake, 19” Anthracite Alloys, Heated RS Comfort Seats & Door Edge Protectors

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Worst that can happen is blown engine, with luck plenty of smoke and £1999 – plus recovery from wherever you break down

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Ps may just carry on minor weep for years, but choice is yours

kevin meads
    Participant

UK - England

HI ALL BEEN ONTO FORDS ABOUT THE HEAD GASKET BUT NO JOY ON ANY HELP BUT I DIDNT EXPECT ANY TO BE HONEST BUT NEEDED TO TRY SO WITH IT JUST WEEPING OUT SLOWLY IT MIGHT JUST LAST UNTIL I CAN SAVE THE MONEY TO GET FIX ALL THE BEST KEVIN BUT I DID GET MY CAR IN FAST FORD WELL THE FRONT OF IT

Jay Tea
    Participant

UK - England

Would i be correct in thinking my extended warranty would cover me if the head gasket were to fail and blow the engine up?

Magnetic Grey, FPM375 Kit, Sunroof, Lux Pack, Winter Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Carbon Knob and Handbrake, 19” Anthracite Alloys, Heated RS Comfort Seats & Door Edge Protectors

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

I had a small leak as well and then at 155 mph it wasn’t small anymore!

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

Jay Tea
    Participant

UK - England

Spoken to ford protect as my warranty is due to expire and they have confirmed if the head gasket were to fail it would be covered. My renewal for the year is over £700 though 😬

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to HEAD GASKET. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!