Hello fellow RSers!

Home Forums General Newbie Hello fellow RSers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

blue72
    Participant

Canada

Hey guys, I am new to the forum and also a recurring RS owner.  I traded my 2017 RS for the 2018 Limited RS.

I am having an issue with my tranny mishifting from 3rd to 4th or from 5th to 4th. My NEW car is looking for a new tranny somewhere already…lol  Apparently Ford doesn’t even have a price to replace the trans yet, and NO part in North America.

I heard about the head gasket issue in newer MK3 RS motors causing premature engine failure, but has anybody else had an issue in the new 2018 with the new limited slip diff transaxle WRT hard shifts?

Thanks from Canada!!

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Dale good to have you as part of the forum. Not that many limited RS on the roads here yet, so not a lot of feedback on your issue. Hope it gets sorted soon, please keep us updated and a photo of your car would be nice.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Dale, like to see some pics please when you get a moment

Honorary Member

connor-mccloud
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I always giggle when someone says ‘tranny’ — It’s like when Americans talk about their fannies. Hilarious. *Sorry to hear about your problems, hope everything gets sorted.

Adamski996
    Participant

Canada

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your gearbox issue, where abouts are you in Canada?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi Dale, greetings from snowy Switzerland.

Since you swapped the 2017 RS for a 2018 Edition RS what is your impression on the limited-slip differential on the front axle in comparison to the open differential?

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello fellow RSers!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!