Hello from another Kiwi FoRS,

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from another Kiwi FoRS,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Steve Johnston
    Participant

New Zealand

Hi there to all fellow FoRS lovers, and greetings from the “bottom ” of the globe, some might even call us the “RSwhole of the World” !

I am looking forward to following this active group, along with the other RS forums I love.Like many other Fast Ford Fans “down under” I had my run of several great XR6 Turbos and magnificent G6E Turbos terminated when the Aussie factory closed. 2 years stalking the development and then the 12 month wait for this baby to arrive was absolutely excruciating but so worth it.

With 12 months and 21000 fabulous km in the white rocket, I still deeply madly adore this car ! Even the the teeth chattering ride on our munted earthquake wrecked Christchurch roads (and my wifes hatred of the “fanny smasher” Recaro  buckets) haven’t dampened that ardour!  Fortunately after 6 years the roads are slowly improving and the RS just gets more fabulous .  I look forward to reading all of your experiences, tales and tips with this fabulous wee beastie . cheers all.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Steve, nice to have another kiwi onboard. Where abouts are you.

Honorary Member

Steve Johnston
    Participant

New Zealand

Hi Dave,

here in Christchurch, NZ . Not many RS ‘s arrived here in NZ last year (about 55 I think) and possibly a few more this year. I have only seen 3 here in Chch city so we get a bit lonely down here ! How long have you been in the UK  and whereabouts now. ? I spent  quite a bit of time working in North and West Yorkshire many many moons ago. Seems a really strong following for the RS in the UK ? Have you found any other Kiwi mk3 owners over there?

We were pretty lucky with the RS spec offered here in NZ , well spec’d as standard and only a forged wheel n Cup tyre  package offered. No real options offered like the UK /US. Very happy with it really, a little more pickup might be nice so a few tiny Mountune pieces might be added but only thing I am really  keen to get hold of is some lowered  seat rails for the Recaro shells, those puppies will make a real difference . happy motoring

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Steve I’m born and breed in the UK, here in Norfolk. The reason I asked we have ex work colleagues in Christchurch and Dunedin. So pleased you are enjoying the RS there are some fabulous roads down there that will suit the RS down to the ground. Enjoy and happy RS’ing.

Honorary Member

hanz
    Participant

New Zealand

Hi Steve

its good to know there is other RS in Christchurch , I have yet to seen one , however yesterday I believe I saw a nitro blue RS on bleninm road , perhaps it was a test drive car just from the Avon city Ford ,

my name is Mal , I have placed order for a nitro blue RS with upgraded forged wheel , should be expecting the car end of this year , from a previous owner of 2012 Mitsubishi evolution x , 6 speed manual and a 1993 mk4 Toyota Supra TT , 6s manual , the RS should be very exciting , I have already noticed the power difference from the test drive , and it sure pulls hard !

i will not be using this car as DD , I think it will hold the value pretty well given 2018 will be last production year

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Steve.  Just to warn you, a certain Mr Howsey on here may be along at any moment asking for pictures of proof of a  “smashed fanny”…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Steve, how’s the RS going, hope you are enjoying it.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

P.S  have you got any pictures by the way ??..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from another Kiwi FoRS,. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!