Hello from NYC!

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from NYC!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

PastaFazool
    Participant

USA

Hey all,

RS owner joining you from NYC! I picked up my Focus last August the day I came home from my honeymoon, and it’s been an adventure ever since. I’ve taught myself how to drive manual in my RS, taken her and the wife on a few road trips, and fallen in love with driving all over again.

I’m excited to get to know some people in this club from all over the world and make some new friends of Fords.

Best,

Pasta Fazool

murk-one
    Participant

Australia

HA! an Italian in NYC is about as common as an Italian here in Melbourne, Australia …good to hear your enjoying your car man …you lucky bastard! I still have many many many months wait!

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Now that is a great honeymoon/wedding gift coming back to a new car.

Are there good roads outside of the city to expliot the cars capabilities?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome to the forum Pasta ?, what’s your colour and spec ?What’s the reaction from other people to your RS?

Honorary Member

PastaFazool
    Participant

USA

Thanks! I have a Nitrous Blue RS2 package, which gives me heated seats, side view mirrors, lumbar support and electronic controls for the driver’s seat, and sat nav. Sadly, the RS2 package doesn’t give me most of the technology the European models get.

To be honest, it doesn’t get noticed as much as I thought, even with the obnoxiously bright NB color. However it gets noticed decently enough and the reaction of people who know what it is have been positive, mostly people enthusiastically asking me what it’s like to own/drive.

PastaFazool
    Participant

USA

The best part of that story is that the car actually arrived two days before my wedding, but I wasn’t able to receive it until after the honeymoon because I had bought it in another state. So, I had to wait an extra two weeks to pick it up. Luckily though, it gave me a chance to teach myself the basics of how to drive a manual transmission while on my honeymoon.

And yes, there are plenty of roads where I can let the RS stretch its legs, especially further out east on Long Island, or if I desire traveling north to mainland upstate NY. I’ve had a bit of fun on some small country roads upstate, and I try to slide it around the city as much as I can without getting caught. As good as this car is at commuting and normal driving, you can always feel that it wants more. It’s eager. It urges you to powerslide each corner, or to go faster on each on-ramp. The hardest thing about driving it in the city is that the RS always wants to play, whiche, admittedly, is a great problem to have.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for sharing Pasta ? Happy motoring and enjoy your RS ?

Honorary Member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from NYC!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!