Hello from the Scottish Highlands!

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from the Scottish Highlands!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

BR33NY
    Participant

UK - Scotland

so I am on the look out for either a Nitros blue or White MK3 RS in the next month or so. Any tips or pointers of things to look for would be appreciated. I would also like to get peoples experiences with both front seat types. Cheers.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Johnathan good luck with your search ?

Honorary Member

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Welcome! Where in Scotland are you from?

What spec are you looking for?

With regards to seats is it a daily driver? Do you want heated seats? What height are you as some have found the shell seats sit quite high.

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Hi pal theres a few out there go test drive std seats and the shell seats see which you prefer ??

BR33NY
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Kenny, just passed Inverness. It won’t be a daily driver. Heated seats are not a must. Height 5”11. I’ve seen some reviews regarding height and the shell seats.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome BR33NY hope you enjoy the forum. I’m 6’1 and couldn’t get comfortable in the shell seats on the demo RS I drove so ordered mine with standard seats. Now they do a lowering frame for the shell seats you might be ok.

Condition is everything, a full service history, the head gasket done, and one careful owner would be top of my list. Most RS owners look after their vehicles and a good sign would be one that comes with all the paperwork and handbooks etc. There should be a black Performance Ford Folder with Focus Handbook, Service book, and a couple of RS handbooks in it. Hope this helps, any other questions, please post them up.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

I’m 6ft 3″ mate, the shell seats don’t cause me a problem.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Br33ny, the shells in my opinion are a must ! I did spec mine new with std seats but changed my order before it went to build to include the shells, never looked back. I’m 5’11 and the height is perfick ( I would not want that chav boy racer bmw /vw look where they can barely see over the dashboard  because they are sitting sooo low anyway!) If you are more than 13 stone and manly round the waist then you may find the std seats annoy by exerting too much of a constant ‘pressure’ on your love handle area, made evn worse if you jump in in the winter with a puffa style jacket! if you are slim and lean and need height adjustment because you are over 6’2 or so and possibly have a long back/short legs or are a short person, then get the std seats! You really NEED to drive both and compare. Don’t forget the rear seats are a bit better in the Shell seat spec car too.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’m a fat c**t and std’s are nice and comfy for me.

5’11” but 30″ inside legs so long body which meant the shells where absolutely pish for me when I ordered the car but didn’t know about the lowering frames at that point.

Std’s are heated, have height adjustment which is great when you have little ones and extra air bags.

Shells are very wide and I do prefer the snug fit of the std’s.

However, shells (including rear seats) look so much better IMO.

Try both before you buy is the answer!.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ha ha  Dave, tell me HOW much of a fat cnut are you though? over 15 stone? 😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

BR33NY
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Red-Leader when you refer to the head gasket being done, what is it you mean? I am currently looking at a few very low mile examples.

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

I’m 6ft 4in and I love the standard Recaro’s in black with nitrous blue detailing ??

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Morning, BR33NY, Ford fitted the wrong head gasket to all RS cars built upto around the middle of 2017.

There was a recall to change it. The original gasket fitted failed and can cause damage to the engine. Ford offered a free replacement of the gasket and free repairs or replacement of the engine if there were found to be issues. Once you find a suitable RS checkout the VIN number to see if it’s on a recall.

Link for checking for any recalls.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Mike, i’m about 16 St last time I checked. Big harris and gut and I love the way the std’s feel. I do get pinched just above the knees somewhat but otherwise very comfy.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@BR33NY

Morning mate!! Hello and Welcome to the Club!! I’ve had my RS for almost 2 years and have the Shell Seats. These seats are the ones to go for in my opinion. Very comfy, even on long journeys and look great!! I’m about 6 foot and have no issues with height, as others have mentioned there are lowering kits available if you feel the Seats are too high but at 5’ 11” I’d think you’d be fine. I’m up beside Tain and would have met up with you but have just gone Offshore and won’t be home for 3 weeks. You’ve made a great choice deciding on a Mk3 RS!! Happy hunting and hopefully we’ll see another gorgeous RS blasting about the Highlands very soon!! ????????.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from the Scottish Highlands!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!