Here to stay

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Here to stay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

As the title well maybe

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Part two

Honorary Member

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

A certain UK car maker can’t build cars in one plant till end of next week because they run out of batteries….

I don’t see the mandate working for long as there won’t be enough customers to buy the percentage of EV’s .. the ICE based will sell out, but as more can’t be supplied it will push the prices up. Expect to see more ordering just to flip for a profit.

Just my cynical prediction…

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

It’s all politics and I predict we are heading for a much more conservative future (No, not the tories as is but a populist government) straight after the next Labour government which will happen soon and 4 years of that will be hell. I am sure someone will kick out all the bullshit EU agreements by then.

A populist government will cut through the bullshit that says that man made climate change is actually a thing rather than another form of population control to remove our freedoms. Cars produce less that 10% of all carbon output in the UK and the UK contributes just 1.7% of global C02 output so stopping ICE in the UK will reduce our carbon output by approx’ 0.2%. Thats 3/5ths of feck all and completely pointless, especially as electrics pollute in other ways and uses slave labour to get the cost of electrics somewhere near. Meanwhile, India and China alone will increase C02 output by hundreds of times the amount the UK produces.

ICE will still be around in 2050 and it will be (actually, already is) cleaner than all alternatives except perhaps hydrogen which due to cost and distribution difficulties is unlikely to be viable.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

The fashion and textile industry globally alone equates to being the 3rd worst  country in-terms of CO2 output…

Who’s chasing that done ?

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

safetyman53
    Participant

UK - Scotland

HI All, The whole thing is feckin mess pushed by politicians who are not on this planet, feckin useless lot. In fact our wee country will pushing for horse and cart , lifting all the shit up, whilst the likes of China, Russia, India and US keep churning out the CO2. Yes a lot of good our obsession with everything going green will make on the planet. Personally, I think we have brainwashed and let’s just blame everything on climate change. Just my thoughts but they can go run and jump because this is one petrolhead who wont be going down the EV road!!! RS will live on for many years after I have departed this mad world. Mini rant over lol. Cheers

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

On the news the other day,   globally for the first time we may stop increasing Co2 emissions on power generation as China etc have installed a load of solar, nuclear  and wind generators.   Power generation is our biggest C02 output apparently….

So, hang on a mo, charging of EV’s was pushing up our worst cause of emissions..  Wouldn’t it have made more sense to sort the biggest cause of C02 first before adding more demand for electric power?    Plus all the extra power need to produce the things!  Plus the biggest polluters……

Also read if the UK sunk into the sea and vanished it would make no difference to the global trend!….   but the gov is happy to bankrupt the county just trying to wave a green flag…..  We are such a self righteous nation….   rant not over 😉

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

EV’s are not the answer to anything linked to the climate emergency. Just suppose the UK has a 50% take up of EV’s, there is no where near enough electricity being generated to service that level of uptake. The problem with politicians is they have no idea how stuff works and what is required to put an infrastructure in place to provide power for EV’s. This morning BBC News were at a motor show for Heavy goods vehicles, and they were pushing for HGV’s under 25 tons to be all electric by a date in the future 2035 I believe. Didn’t have a target for larger goods vehicle’s. I want to know what cost and how they will decommission used spent batteries because they won’t be easy or cheap to re-cycle, but never mind the politicians will speak about it but will have no idea what is actually involved.

Coastliner

Andrew
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve always thought that the long term solution is hydrogen.  I’ll probably be dead and buried by the – in the meantime I will continue to enjoy Fanny’s loud pedal!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Here to stay. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!