Hi All.

Home Forums General Newbie Hi All.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

chimp400
    Participant

UK - Wales

Ive been a life long RS fan, only ever managed to get into a series 2 RS Turbo and a Mk 5 RS2000 when i was younger, but like most i lusted after the Cosworths!

Always loved the look of the Mk2 but never actually pulled the trigger.

Anyhow, im now lucky enough to be able to consider a Mk 3 RS, and will be starting my search later this year.

I realistically would like to spend around £25k on the car and keep some funds back for a nice Milltek and maybe a Map.

I see a variety of cars for sale, my ideal car would be mag grey with standard seats.

I prefer to service and maintain all my cars and have done for over 20 years using high quality oils etc, id be interested to know if anyone else does the same and do you feel it devalues the car at all?

Id probably look at cars for sale outside the warranty period, any issues with this?

Any tips or advice is much appreciated.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@chimp400

Hello and welcome to the Club mate!! I’ve always looked after my own cars too, although I’ll still be getting a Ford stamp in the book for the first few years. Saying that I’m actually fitting a couple of bits to the RS tomorrow and given it an oil and filter change. There’s a definite peace of mind doing stuff yourself and it saves you a few quid!! Lol!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome ?

Honorary Member

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

Hello!

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Howdy mate. Tips? Not many from me, but maybe worth while looking for a later car with Sync 3, it’s supposed to be far superior to Sync 2.

Also a luxury pack fitted car is probably more desirable, although I think most cars have this option.

chimp400
    Participant

UK - Wales

Thanks ?

chimp400
    Participant

UK - Wales

Always worth asking but if anyone fancies a change to a Tvr Chimaera 400 I will be looking for an RS toward the end of the year.

Has to be mag grey though!

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Get one with shell seats,really comfortable and they will keep you in the seat around those welsh roads,Happy shopping.

Former RS Edition owner

chimp400
    Participant

UK - Wales

Cheers, do you lower the shells?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Later cars are slightly lower 15mm or theirs an aftermarket lowering kit which goes to around 60mm lower, not 100% sure on that

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the forum, and if you have any more questions please post them on here. Best of luck finding your dream RS. ?

WAWRS.
    Participant

UK - Wales

A very familiar scenario to me . Ford fan, too young for a cossie so settles for S2  RS turbo, STs. I wanted a MG colour first choice with the standard seats (heated of course) but settled for my second choice of FW , not an ounce of disappointment as ppl comment on not seeing many if any other white ones.

All I’d  say it’s  worth the wait to own an RS . The special feeling driving it is awesome and that’s before you put the foot down!

I’d personally go for the younger car with sync 3 too. But I’ve heard that soon fords PCP 3yr deals are finishing soon so there maybe an influx of cars available. ?

Happy hunting pal ??

Had a Frozen White RS

Then a

Red Edition RS  

Went away to sample others before realising where my heart lies

Now have a

Nitrous Blue Edition RS 💙 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi All.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!