Hi all as well as Headgasket Change Ford Ipswich, Okay?

Home Forums General Newbie Hi all as well as Headgasket Change Ford Ipswich, Okay?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All,

Love the forum!

In the process of purchasing an RS. So im also asking:

Has anybody used John Grose in Ipswich for HG change?

As much as I love the car its got to be the most nerve racking towards reliability!

Thank you Lee.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome lee, there are a couple of members on here who have used John Grose Ipswich. I’m sure they be along shortly with views.

Honorary Member

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

I have and was quite impressed. Technicians seem to have a good understanding of the HG issue and my car was looked after well and communication was good.

Mine was done in April this year and so far no issues since. Seems to be a decent garage for RS owners.

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All,

Thank you and thank god for that!

Okay, I will go for getting it done there.

I see you have PPF too, I was quoted £1800 for juat the front end is that about right?

Thank you.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Front end is usually a bit cheaper than that but alot can depend on material used.

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

Oh okay.

My quote was from dub customs in Basildon.

It was about £4500 for the whole car I was like I can get it painted cheaper than that haha.

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Mine cost £995 and this included front bumper, lights, part of the wings and the front 1/3 of the bonnet.

However on reflection I would pay more to have the full bonnet done, as whilst it looks good as it is, it would look better if the full bonnet was done but at the time I didn’t want to spend £1300 on having it done.

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had my new M3 PPF protected by a master detailer in Mansfield – PW Pro.

Normal charge for entire front end – full bonnet, full wings, bumper, headlights and mirror caps is £1,500 plus VAT, but that doesn’t cover any pre-prep work that needs to be done and is normally installed at the same time as a proper polish and detail…

In hindsight – I should have had that done on the RS when I had it new just over a year ago, and I’d recommend it to any car-person who buys a car over £30k.  It really needs to be done on a new car or nearly new car that doesn’t already have any stone-chips or blemishes.

Yours Aye

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Brought my RS from them in 2016 December. Very satisfied with there service from deposit to purchase. Been back to have first service and health check, Had the pressure test done also there about 5 weeks ago, took it back on the 18 June for the HG replacement got the call on Thursday to say all done cannot wait to pick up the beast in the next week or two as working away???

Fully forged running M400x

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Detail your eye candy ( ELLIOT) had my NB done there full detail inside/ outside and all wheels inside/ outside plus front end PPF £ 1500 very good service from ELLIOT and his dad would definitely use them again.

Fully forged running M400x

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

Excellent, Thank you for your replies people sounds like some options there!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi all as well as Headgasket Change Ford Ipswich, Okay?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!