Hi from France

Home Forums General Newbie Hi from France

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fantomasse
    Participant

France

Hi all,

After owning a couple of Megane RS it’s time for a change. These cars were a lot of fun, and I enjoyed them a lot on different racetracks.

But I’m getting tired of the FWD, and I need a car with 4 doors that I can use for trackdays 5/6 times a year. I could try the Focus Mk3 RS a couple of times, also on a racetrack, and it’s just what I’m looking for. The plan is to order one as soon as the Option pack will be out in France, hoping  French Ford retailers will come with a solution for tall guys who want to wear a helmet and drive in the Recaro sport seats. Not sure they’ll accept to mount the JCR lower seat frames.

Looking forward to getting advice from piston heads and go through the different topics of the forums !

Cheers

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Salut Nic, welcome!

Two weeks ago I had a white Megane RS with french number plates in my neck on the German Autobahn near Basel. A gave mine a quick boot to 140 mph and he dissappeared from the rearview mirror. At the customs he gave me a big thumbs up and a smile. Hope you get yours soon and you can enjoy it in the Vosges. Cheers  😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

fantomasse
    Participant

France

Hi Frenk,

I’m also leaving around Basel (but it wasn’t me who followed you 😉 ).

I haven’t seen a mk3 focus RS on the Rheinring race track yet. Did you go there already with your blue ?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Great! What colour will be yours so that I can spot it some day? There is another Français from the Alsace here, by the way, who commutes to Basel.

I haven’t been at the Anneau du Rhin yet. The point is that this is my only car and I need it for business. I don’t want to take too many risks for the moment.

When you’re all set with yours including the mandatory JCR lower seats and remap you should definitely try the Jura roads. I see plenty of Mk3 RSs there in Blue, Black and White 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi from France. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!