Hi from Houston TX

Home Forums General Newbie Hi from Houston TX

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Frank Taylor
    Participant

USA

I love this car! Being in TX i have mostly owned trucks (think its a law that you have to  when living here). I had been saving to buy a new Raptor but wasn’t worth the $65,000 and dealer markup of $10,000. So i kept my 1st gen Raptor and bought the RS (even got it under sticker price). This is my 1st time owning a car with less than 8 cylinders, much less a turbo, and i am quickly becoming a believer. Less than 900 miles on the car, 1st drive without dealer plates, and I already got a ticket for 86 in a 60 (Its Bullsh*t of course). Cant wait to start learning about tunes, turbos, mods, etc. to make this car even more fun than it already is. Looking forward to hearing from members who have experience with their cars as to what mods work (keep the car drivable and not a pain in the ass) and what products are mostly marketing ploys.

Thanks for having me

Thomas A
    Participant

Australia

Hi Frank,

Great to hear you like your RS .

Iv’e had many different vehicles since I got my licence back in 74.

But never anything near as involving to drive as my RS.

I don’t believe any mods are available here in Aus yet, I have enquired

of Ford Aus, but they can’t advise me as to availability.

So I think mine will be remaining standard????

Cheers Keep on Trucking, May the Force B WithYou!!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Frank hope you have not been to affected by storm Harvey and the RS has been kept nice and dry

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Frank !!  ooh, Houston !! I stayed/worked there for a while early ’90s up in Greenspoint, ( first day there we walked to the local mall on the grass as there were no pavements anywhere, everyone driving by looked at us as if we were mentally challenged, we didn’t know you had to drive everywhere !!) it was mad on the Richmond Strip I think it was known as, there was a great lap dancing joint many of the girls would come back to our condo for a dip in the pool etc etc etc  at 3am to the dismay of the other residents ! People started to get shot etc and in the end I came back home! happy days! Enjoy the RS

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hedonistic days Mike,  or should that be Houston nights lol lol

Honorary Member

warehou
    Participant

Australia

Hold on to your hat and your car…Hope that RS is faster than the wind blowing from the hurricane..welcome aboard Mike!

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

Any pics Frank?

Bet there can’t be many in Houston!

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Welcome to the forum….glad that 4 cylinders and a turbo are not disappointing after the 8 pot beasts.

Spent 6 weeks in Roundrock TX with work (DuPont at the time) loved it. Years ago now, and never have managed to get back over….maybe one day for the F1 and to catch up with a few mates.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Frank, how’s the RS , are you enjoying it. Hope the weather hasn’t done any damage. Would be nice to hear an update from you?

Honorary Member

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi from Houston TX. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!