Hi from South Wales – just taken delivery – great car

Home Forums General Newbie Hi from South Wales – just taken delivery – great car

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

WelshBoy
    Participant

UK - Wales

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi mikwelce to the family

looks like my car has a twin silver wheels are the best

happy rs ing

WelshBoy
    Participant

UK - Wales

Thanks Sennaboy – I agree but my 13 year-old son is adamant that the black wheels are best!

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi Welshboy

Welcome aboard buddy, I too have NB with the silver wheels prefer the design to the forged, where abouts in Wales are you? I am near Carmarthen

CheeRS

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one welshlad.. i nearly went for the silver rims and std seats but changed my mind after much deliberation, they are a pain to look after !  Heres a pic of mine at 2000 miles for your boy !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Hello Welshboy

Welcome, NB and silver wheels look the best.[ same as mine!]

WelshBoy
    Participant

UK - Wales

Cheers guys

rsdom – I’m based near Bridgend

71-bda – they are indeed a pain to keep clean – thanks to your picture I now have my son repeatedly telling me “told you so”!

I can’t believe what a great drive this car is – its awesome in the wet – which we have a lot of in Wales!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ welshboy, I actually meant the black rims are a pain to maintain ! the paint is so soft, you just rub a finger over the surface lightly and there are surface scratches immediately !! i have to treat mine with kid gloves, I wash at the slightest hint of brake dust, and just ‘dab’ them with the softest sponge and fake chamois leather available! the silver wheels can be washed/cleaned like normal and look as new straight away, just a bit fiddly in the spokes i guess!

Howsey should be along in a minute, hes from Wales too, near the Beacons i believe..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

WelshBoy
    Participant

UK - Wales

71-bda – hadn’t realised the black finish was so soft – mines a daily driver (will do about 15,000 miles a year) so that would have meant mine would be a mass of scratches!

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi WelshBoy, I went with the silver wheels against the Nitrous Blue paint, the right choice in my opinion. Photo of mine under Red Leader in the newbies section. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car it’s a great drive.

WelshBoy
    Participant

UK - Wales

Cheers guys – this seems like a great forum – really friendly

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome Welshboy

Fully forged running M400x

Callump01
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome mate! I’m not-so-patiently waiting until my RS Edition gets built. Genuinely can’t wait, especially after my first test drive a few days ago which left me blown away.

I’m from Wales also (Gwent) so who knows, might see you driving about!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice pic thanks for sharing

Photograph

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh yeah!  first one I’ve seen without privacy glass. coolio !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi from South Wales – just taken delivery – great car. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!