Import duties from the US on an exhaust?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Import duties from the US on an exhaust?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Can someone explain to me how much import tax/duty/vat I would pay on the below from the US?

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/collections/exhaust/products/borla-16-17-ford-focus-rs-catback-exhaust-s-type?variant=12118892970074

I am trying to establish if its cheaper to pay the £700 plus postage/taxes for this or if its cheaper to pay the £1100 if sourced from the UK

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Steve escos
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Looks like 4% duty due based on the  hs code for exhausts. then 20% vat on top of the combined goods/duty and shipping costs. No doubt there will also be a fee from whoever the shipping agent is.</p>

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Its a bit of a mystery what charges are on top. I purchased some tracker items turned out to want £26 on top of the original £70 so be ware I won’t be purchasing from the land of Megan Markel again.

Coastliner

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

You get charged Import and VAT on the whole amount. So $700 for the exhaust and $3-400 dollars shipping you’ll end up with a charge of around £250-300 on its arrival

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by white-rs2.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Import duties from the US on an exhaust?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!