In 10 Years What Parts Will Fetch A Premium ££££

Home Forums Performance General In 10 Years What Parts Will Fetch A Premium ££££

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Will it be a case of anything Mountune will be worth more than new as per the Focus Mk2 RS stuff seems to fetch a pretty premium.

Will the Mountune Inlet spacer double in value now Mountune have quietly deleted it ??

What standard parts will be the unicorn items ??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Seat Trim…  Fabric goes out of production and covers aren’t made for long as a spare, plus people abuse and wear them out.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Standard exhaust, I have 2 of them, they will be rotten by then, and people like 10 year old, 1 owner, low miles  and standard spec cars

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Aren’t the standard exhausts a cheaper stainless steel item

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I think exhausts these days are made of a better quality steel and tend to last over 5 years and I have had a couple of cars with 9 years old exhausts and batteries that are still going strong. If you removed a standard exhaust and stored it in s dry environment, it should be ok after 10 years. Got to agree with Johnybigarms, that buyers prefer a ten year old RS to be one owner low miles and standard unmolested, such a vehicle would fetch good money as opposed to a heavily modified car. Things like bill of sale with the same owners details that is selling is all proof of provenance.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

in 2029 no ones going to want an RS Focus or any ten year old car with an engine, the world will be a very different boring place where the cars with engines will be taxed off the road, electric or hydrogen cars will be the norm, classic cars will have taken a kicking pricewise and petrol where available will be at least £10 a gallon. Its all going to be about 0-60 in 3 secs the norm for standard Teslas if they are still making them and the Chinese or Japs haven’t taken the market!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

You paint such an appealing picture of life ahead, think we have had the best out of motoring.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda  @coastliner

Sadly I think you’re both right. Ten years from now it will be difficult to go into towns and cities if you have a petrol/diesel vehicle the “Tax” to enter will be horrendous.

Honorary Member

nilagin
    Participant

UK - England

As hybrids will still be allowed from 2030, it is unlikely that petrol will be priced so highly.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

In the same vain, who’d of thought 10 years ago petrol was £1.20 a gallon now 10 years later, its £1.20 a litre.

So its not unreasonable to assume £10 a gallon or £2.20 a litre

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I think you need to go back a lot more than 10 years to get petrol for £1.20 a gallon

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Gallon of petrol.. 1979…… £0.98

1980……£1.28

1985……£1.99

1990…..£2.13

1995…..£2.73

2000….£3.89

2005….£4.00

2010….£4.60

2012….£6.30

2015….£5.40

2016…..£4.60 !! remember when it dropped to nearly a pound a litre? nice.

2017…..£5.40

2018…..£5.80

now?…………………………….£5.50

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

ada205
    Participant

UK - England

Bda…. I really don’t like the way you make 2029 sound… I’m buying a DeLorean and going back to the good old days of light weight characterful cars, bins emptied every week, milk and papers delivered daily, Furguson Videostar vcr’s, hot summers and burst pipes in winter, house old name page 3 girls, far less eu interference, sensible levels of immigration, and no mobile phones? Only downside is I swear there was more wasps back then! ??

Ade.

2016 mk3 Focus RS, 2004 Impreza STI, Pug 205gti Dimma.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@ada205

I want a seat in your car and vision I am 100% with your thinking.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

spot on lads I’m coming too !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to In 10 Years What Parts Will Fetch A Premium ££££. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!