Info for Brembo caliper front PIN’s

Home Forums Performance Brakes Info for Brembo caliper front PIN’s

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Just because it took me a lifetime to find and might help others looking to replace, as wheel cleaner has corroded mine! Found them on eBay Arnold clark’s shop.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Yep I bought mine from there too, they have gone slightly up in price but took me ages to find, just stumbled upon them and now kept in my watch list👌🏻

bmac800
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Anyone know if this is for one or a pair ? Managed to get a set of Mountune discs and pads today with the 10% off offer so may as well replace the pins at the same time.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks GM 👍

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Ill post part numbers for the pin and clip kit also when they come 👍

Just waiting to pick some pads and the below can go on….

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

16-18 Ford Focus RS BREMBO 4 Piston Front Caliper Pin & Clip Kit Services L&R on ebay.  From the USA but arrived in two weeks with no import charges.  Parts and springs for both front callipers.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Stu how much did they set you back? £14+ VAT each calliper direct from ford clip & pin set

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

It was just under  £40 including post and taxes for the complete set.  2 x springs, 4 x pins x2 bridge bolts and nuts.  I found them by chance and bought them as I was getting fed up trying to find the correct items individually on the net.  Ten minute job and improves the look of the front callipers so well worth it.   Only one Ford dealership up here and they are not particularly interested unless you want to buy a car so it was a no brainer.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Stu fordthorne parts department is insanely good, when you get to know them… Have used them for all my parts for new engine. Normally ask a question and get a diagram asking which bits then i mail back, with numbers or symbols 👌🏻

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by GM.

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

That is the kind of service we should all get.  I searched online and found the pins and bridge bolt but could not confirm the part numbers so I simply went for the whole lot.   I must say my bridge bolt faces where corroded on the front face since I picked up the car, drove me mad.  It was well worth the price I paid just for that.  Must be an OCD RS thing!!!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Stu allot of the corrosion is caused by wheel cleaners…. 😬

With the floating rotors now nothing other than PH neutral wash for me…

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Must admit GM, my bolt was not quite that bad but you are right about the cleaners.  Biggest problem doing this was getting the old pins out and replacing with the new ones without chipping the calliper paintwork.   I shoved EBC discs on my car last year because of the OEM discs rusting, most of this was still probably  down to harsh cleaners during the weekly wash.  Looking better now though, gave them a coat of sealant so we will see how they fair during the Winter sitting outside.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Info for Brembo caliper front PIN’s. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!