Intercooler

Home Forums Performance General Intercooler

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone removed the blanking plate on the intercooler and if so any noticeable difference?

If having a mild remap would this be enough instead of having to change the intercooler?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I have removed mine just for visual look as don’t think it really affects performance that much

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Kenny, obviously removing the blanking plate allows the inter-cooler to work more efficiently otherwise whats its point? if remapping up to 400 hp would the standard inter-cooler with the plate removed be enough, if so are the tuning companies getting one over on us!

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

Mountune 375 kit uses standard intercooler and doesnt remove blanking material. By all accounts the standard intercooler is very efficient.

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

Evening J, that was my thinking, the standard one is over engineered and capable up to 400hp with the plate removed in my opinion.

What’s your thoughts on the standard exhaust? Again the mountune 375 kit uses the standard exhaust, with the valves open would it allow the engine to breath when putting out more than 375, or just fit a de-cat to be sure.

If both the above are true, it looks like the only restriction up to 400bhp is induction, fit a decent intake kit, blank off the exhaust valve mechanism leaving them open then it’s just a case of picking a remap of your choice. Might seem a cheapscate way of doing things but why waste the money if you don’t have too!

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

If your not to worried about waranty Dreamscience seems quite popular, and i think can be out back to standard map if needed. Loiue ( a member here) is running around with 420bhp, currently beta testing for SSC.  I know hes got much more than induction to achieve that figure. Including sports cat and intercooler. Worth giving SSC a call for profesional advice. The standard exhaust is also very good with most changing the exhaust just for the noise not neccesarily for additional power (if any at all ).

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers J,

Cant make up my mind up at the moment, some companies still testing like you say, others already on the market with 420+.

Do you know of anyone running the Pumaspeed 420 kit? Loads of torque from low down and very tempting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Intercooler. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!