Is expensive fuel worth it?

Home Forums Performance Fuel Is expensive fuel worth it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

P T
    Participant

UK - England

P T
    Participant

UK - England

P T
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry for errors. First post.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Wow second one didn’t go that well either, 🤣🤣🤣P T don’t worry m8 we’ve all been there , hi & welcome to forum. 👍👍

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

if you are going for fuel economy, no, because even though you may get a few % more mpg, the cost is also a few% more. If you drive the RS round sedately and never really give it the beans, dont do track days, have not got it remapped, then basic 95ron as the handbook says will suit you just fine. If you want pub dyno figures to boast about, then stick the superunleaded in as you may just get a few more bhp with it.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

The RS is not the optimum MPG (or you gents MPL?) car.

That’s the reason the Mrs. has a C-Max Energi to compensate.

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

When people post about ‘expensive fuel’ the instantly thing lower consumption, high dyno, and brag.
    I use 102 octane because I wan to : minimise detonation, clean the engine, and avoid cheap a.. gunk having me invest thousands afterwards.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by rainydays.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

rainy, direct injection engines dont clean the inlet valves etc by spraying the fuel over them like std injected engines  do. so any detergent in the fuel is simply burnt. innit !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

Well, after having my engine opened 4 times in 5 years of ownership for this idiotic head gasket issue, if I can afford it, I will continue with Aral 102.
    Last surgery was 2 years ago and having done 25000 miles with the car, every time it was open, there was minimum build compared to the horror stories you see on US forums using cheaper fuel.  Misfires, idle issues and lack of consistency was never a problem for my vehicle.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

P T
    Participant

UK - England

The idea is that E10 has polluted and ruined the standard fuel. The testing was on motorbikes I know but getting so much better mpg with the more expensive fuel it paid off in the end.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Is expensive fuel worth it?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!