Is it veering or just simply loss of grip ???

Home Forums Performance Handling Is it veering or just simply loss of grip ???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Is it veering or just simply loss of grip that the car struggles with correcting??

Out for a blast to pick up an order from ford (turbo gasket and studs), fairly empty roads so though id do a little veering check in the rain / wet.

Not had any veering since change of tyres and tried hard to make it happen..

Off a roundabout hit RS light in 2nd fine, when hitting it in 3rd fuk me! real aggressive veering sensation but you could feel it was lack of grip…. Like when you hit a lump at speed and loose grip on the one wheel! Still makes you smile tho! ?????????

Was in track with traction on and soft dampers….

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Tram lining as the MPSS tyres are very sensitive to it on the RS…..   When mine are worn I will change to something else.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Get the pdc turned off and you won’t have to worry about the veering

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Doesn’t cure it completely ….

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@9designs I’m running new conti’s

@crocket81
    it was spinning not veering, violent in wet! which was the same sensation as the veering in the dry with original tyres just less violent … all I’m wondering is loss of traction being mistaken for veering? however hard I’ve tried in the dry and with the conti’s on i cannot make it do it??

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Patch of oil or a white line you caught with one wheel?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@9 done it when hit the RS indicator in 3rd eased off booted it again and made it do it again… admit mainly down to road conditions (Wet) but just trying to understand the characteristic… its a simple fix if you feel it go, just ease off and its fine…

Be interesting to see if i can get it to do it when springs, sway bars etc fitted…

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

I ve noticed last few days roads have been very greasy/slippy,Mine serviced last week and told the dealer to make sure PDC is still off after any updates fair bit of veering and wheel spin even tho i have the front LSD, so maybee tyres that are making the veering worse.

Former RS Edition owner

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

I have a new set of Nokian winter tires on and that’s all I have done to the car and the problem is solved. Fly through those gears passing 70 in to the 80 and beyond zone and not a movement.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

235 40 18 nokians alloy?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Big one’s Bda big 19 incher’s

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

235 35 19 lovely

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@alloy ??

@andy
    ? yeah me personally i think its just struggling to put power down and get grip?? One thing i haven’t tried yet, is track mode – soft damp and traction control off??? or just traction control off… if the car is not fighting itself to get the power down, might not veer? But will have to try this on something wider than a normal dual road…?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I think in cold wet conditions on summer tyres hitting over boost it has aright to loose a bit of grip ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@9 yeah, thats what I’m trying to sus / prove to myself, same as hitting it on cambered / uneven roads loose grip and the car goes nuts… as like any other when grip is lost… ?  So with this turned on, and that turned off does basically naff all when you loose grip?? and to avoid drive as per road condition?? and also backed up by warm tyres on a track surface, this is never an issue??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Is it veering or just simply loss of grip ???. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!