It Happens to others too,

Home Forums General Non RS Chat It Happens to others too,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

It happens to other manufacturers, it just depends on how they deal with it and also what the problem is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/bmw-recall-3-series-z4-x1-car-safety-issues-uk-latest-a8342851.html

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

That’s a significant amount of vehicles 300,000 compared to maybe 20% of the world production of RS Focus Mk3, so giving what a total of say 6,000 units affect with VS.

But it has taken BMW 11 years to do this recall, the earliest cars are model year 2007. So in the scheme of things the Head Gasket issue/mix-up was 11 years too early. 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

That’s a poor perspective to take.  Perhaps it was sarcasm? – difficult to tell in written word.

At least one person was proven to have died as a direct consequence of this known fault.  The BMW recall was therefore many years too late by any reasonable definition.

We should collectively be demanding that manufacturers act reasonably, should we not?   Not absolving them of responsibility just because they got around to doing what they should have done in the first place at some later date.

Yours Aye

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Most manufacturers seem to only recall if death/injury occurs on a known fault.

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I suppose it would speed things up ?

Who’s going to volunteer to sacrifice themselves for the good of the rest over this VS issue.????

To confirm NOT a serious answer ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

^^^  “Most manufacturers seem to only recall if death/injury occurs on a known fault.”

Yes, this appears to be true – but I don’t find that acceptable where a reasonable knowledge of the risk of death already exists or is consistently reported.

Just because that is the status quo – it isn’t what *ought* to happen…

Can anybody reasonably disagree with my sentiment?

Yours Aye

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I think I remember Audi had a massive recall 1.2 million, last month, April. I goes without saying all Motor manufacturers have an issue at times. I hopeful that Fords will resolve the issue that has transpired without going down the route of a recall.

Honorary Member

Jerry 1234
    Blocked

UK - England

It doesn’t matter, mate — my RS is clearly trying to kill me. Where is David Booth? David…………….DAVID!!!! “Eli Eli lama sabachthani?”

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Behave you looney ?

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

German cars are the worst for it. Never seen how they are luxurious or well built in any way

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

exactly RSDave, German cars to me have about as much warmth, charisma, personality,excitement and charm as Comrade Corbyn. I will stick with the smile-a-minute RS all day long.

maybe with the exception of the original BMW 2002turbo, the original M3, and the proper 911 2.7 RS lightweight, everything else is choredom

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to It Happens to others too,. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!