Itchy right foot!

Home Forums General Newbie Itchy right foot!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mitchie
    Participant

UK - England

Purchased a second hand Magnetic Grey RS two weeks ago from Gates in Harlow, but, I haven’t picked it up yet and I’m getting an itchy right foot!

I’ve had the wheels powder coated Magnetite grey and I’m waiting for the Mountune 375 package to be installed, the delay in collection is due the dealership not being able to source the parts for the upgrade (not their fault) – hurry up Mountune please!!

I could have collected the car last week and taken it back for the upgrade, but, then the wife would be suspicious.  If I get the work done and then collect it afterwards she’ll have no idea!!

Being of the age where I remember the original MK1 and MK2 Mexico’s, RS2000’s, RS1800, RS Turbo’s, RS 1600i’s etc etc I can’t wait to finally have an RS of my own….

Pictures to follow in due course I’m sure.

Cheers

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome, look forward to seeing your pics ?

Honorary Member

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Always laugh when people keep stuff from their partners.

Anyway all that horse power is next to useless at the moment. Mines entombed in ice at the moment.

I hope you don’t have to wait much longer though.

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

Very sneaky lol

exactly what I did , she will never know ha ha ?

Things us men do to hide stuff from our other halves. ?

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Like your thinking, it’s a great car and well worth the wait.

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi mitchie,

Congrats on your MG RS!!

I just wanted to ask you about the company used and the rough cost to sort out the rims (if allowed to mention on the forum) – I am guessing they are the standard alloys? I was thinking about getting mine done for the Euro OEM look in the same paint finish (Magnetite Grey), it’ll be great to see the pics once you’ve collected the RS.

mitchie
    Participant

UK - England

Hi

The dealership (Gates) used a local company in Harlow (i’ll give the salesman a call and find out the name of the co. tomorrow). Cost was £96.00 each

Whilst I haven’t seen them in the flesh, they look good in the photo they sent me.

Apologies for the quality of the photo!!

https://mk3focusrs.club/wp-content/uploads/forum_uploads/80959/o3acohocykohnbz3asfcqtc9beniosr2.png

mitchie
    Participant

UK - England

indyrs,

The name of the company is Essex Smart Repair – apparently they only use Ford colours..  As I said above, I went through Gates Ford in Harlow – Daniel Wilson, I’m sure he would assist if need be

Cheers

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

@mitchie – thanks very much, I appreciate you coming back to me!!

The wheel looks good and can’t wait to see some more pics once you’ve got the RS… should give it more of a purposeful/moody look! Also nice to know of a company the dealer works with, in case of any kerbing of the RS wheels, might be an good option for wheel repair down South.

mitchie
    Participant

UK - England

Finally collected the car on Friday, big smile on my face the whole way home…..  Off to Rates next Tuesday for the FPM 375.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Itchy right foot!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!