Key fob issues

Home Forums Technology Security Key fob issues

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

pataw
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have a bit of a strange issue with my keyfob, basically I cannot lock or unlock my car with the keyfob. I can touch the door handle and it unlocks fine and the car starts fine.
    Ford dealer as checked the keyfob and the signal is fine from the keyfob (new battery installed in November) so they want my car all day to try and sort it. Which sound’s expensive 😤

Anybody heard of anything like this before? I have done the usually Google search and came up empty, which is also worrying 😰

dazsob
    Participant

UK - England

Check the battery is in the right way round in the fob.

2016 FW DAZ ‘The Ford Demo Police Car’

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

My fob stopped working cos of water in the car

pataw
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks for info guys, where did the water come from m8ty, a spilt drink or something in the centre console?

I imagine my centre console will be coming out once it goes to the dealers😩

I think most of the receivers are under there some where.

Every so often my Sync 3 screen goes off as well, only happened twice, but I suspect there’s build up on some contacts somewhere or a loose connection.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

It was jet washed with an industrial machine at the garage, came to car next day it was fully steamed up on the inside! Had to open with key until it dried out

pataw
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks m8ty, I guess the receiver is not in the centre console then and probably elsewhere.

Ford say it needs resynchronising, but they want my spare key, which is 120 miles away and it as never had a new battery (had car since new).

So it will be going back next week with my spare key. 😩

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@pataw, you could try and re-sync  the system yourself. 1. Insure both your key fobs have new batteries. 2. With all the doors open (and tail gate) press the unlock button on the 1 of the key fobs, then on the 2nd one each 3 times in quick succession. 3. Close the tail gate then close the front passengers door followed by the rear door then the rear passenger door and finally the drivers door. 4 Press the lock button on 1 of the key fobs, then on the 2nd one 3 times in quick succession. Listening to the central locking system resetting itself.
    If this fails then take it to the garage, it could be a relay that is not working.  Good luck, please keep us updated 👍

Honorary Member

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Yeh put a bag of marbles on the back seat , open all the doors windows open shut 3/ 4 times press all the buttons on the fob , shut the doors again and then open the boot look in the back seat and when no bag , you know you’ve f…king marbles, sorry bobcat  just having a little joke , no animosity intended m8 👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like you have found the lunch control code for outer space 🤓

Honorary Member

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

@Bobcat I’m sure I did that years ago on a festa and it worked 😬👍🏻

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

pataw
    Participant

United Kingdom

Well it looks like trust Ford can’t be trusted, because they said the key fob was fine, but while away, I used Allen Ford in Kettering and rather than wait till I go back they suggested just trying a new battery in my dead spare key fob because they thought IT WAS the key fob and if that doesn’t work bring it back on Tuesday.

My new work mate who is also a mechanic suggested this as well and said the time you have to change the battery after one dies isn’t as small as people think.

So I put a new battery in my long dead key fob (7 years old with the original battery) and hey presto it worked.

Because trust Ford said the key fob was fine I was going to start ripping the interior to bits to find the receiver. Another lesson learnt I guess.

btw I bought the car from Trust Ford, but it’s been trouble free, although they did make a mess of my discs and pads, but they did all 4 again free of charge and provided a curtesy car. So I let them off then 🤔

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Good news thanks for the update 👍

Honorary Member

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Key fob issues. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!