Keyless entry?

Home Forums Technology Security Keyless entry?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Smoothound
    Participant

UK - England

When I got my Red Edition I was pleased to see in the system menus you could easily disable keyless entry. I did this and rely on the fob to unlock the car which works for me. Yesterday I opened the car and got in and started it. I then realised that I had returned the fob to it’s Faraday pouch so I was surprised the car started!! Then I thought it was maybe something to do with the keyless being disabled. Today I re-enabled keyless and was shocked to find that with both keys in the pouches the car started fine!! I’ve checked the integrity of the pouches and they are fine. It now seems my car doesn’t need the key to be in the car which is a bit disconcerting??

Cheers

Phil

chris54
    Participant

UK - England

Just tried this on mine, (my car has been left with keyless entry ) I unlock the car get in put keys in faraday pouch and car will NOT start. Something we all need to check I guess. I don’t feel the need to disengage the keyless entry mode when the faraday pouch does exactly that function. Each to there own.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

smoothdog, make sure you are putting the fob in the proper section, its easy to slip it in between the outer case and the inner mesh liner, then its not going to work.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Smoothound
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah they are in the correct section and keyless entry doesn’t work till they are removed. Open car replace in pouches, foot on clutch, press button car starts and doesn’t complain about there being no key ???

Cheers

Phil

chris54
    Participant

UK - England

Lucky you checked it, at least now you can put it in to your dealer and get it sorted out. Must admit it made me go out and check mine, it’s not something you think of doing is it.

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Just had a play with mine.Locked car.Put keys in the tin you see put lid on. Went to car put tin up close it unlocked put in ghost code it started? OMG then I stopped the car got out and locked it.All with the keys in the tin. So just wrapped the fob in silver tin foil and can’t unlock the car, tried with foil up close, just for bit of fun.

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@Smoothound: Errr, I don’t know what your intention is really by disabling keyless entry/start. Theft avoidance?

Anyway, as far as I learned is that entry and motor start are different features of a keyless system. The first is just a remote control that operates from the outside to open the doors. The other is an RFID chip in the key that transponds a code from the sender inside the car to start the motor. The discrimination between inside and outside is fundamental to the functioning.

A faraday cage is not shielding all alternating electromagnetic radiations completely. Depending on the frequency of the signal and the mesh width some portion of the signal band is only attenuated and comes through. This is why you can use your cell phone inside the car.

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Smoothound
    Participant

UK - England

Yep but the car no longer recognises the key is or isn’t hidden and it always has before!! If the key is in the pouch a warning comes up and the car won’t start but now once I’ve unlocked the car I can return the key to the house and start and drive the car wherever I like ??

Cheers

Phil

rog
    Participant

UK - England

@ Smoothound

Whilst your vehicle is started, remove the key from the vehicle, but leave the engine running… Do you get a message which states that the ford key is no longer available?

rog
    Participant

UK - England

@ Smoothound

Whilst your vehicle is started, remove the key from the vehicle, but leave the engine running… Do you get a message which states that the ford key is no longer present?

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

A good test, and rollback the setting in the menu to switch keyless entry back on.  Did you ever resolve this?

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

Also, to note, I can only see this option on my ST, not the RS, will double check however.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Keyless entry?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!