Leeds, Yorkshire (DISAPPOINTED) Newbie

Home Forums General Newbie Leeds, Yorkshire (DISAPPOINTED) Newbie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tina
    Participant

UK - England

I took charge of the new Focus RS in March last year (2017) and not quite a year later am gutted!! I love my car and so far until two weeks ago I have really enjoyed driving my RS. Unfortunately on 26 February this year my car, having traveled one mile towards my work, just stopped and so far some two weeks later it still isn’t working and looking likely to need a new engine! To say I am currently devastated is an understatement and so far I don’t feel Ford are giving me anywhere near the customer service I expect in fact it has been appalling. It’s not the dealer that I have issue with it’s Ford themselves. Disappointed and frustrated RS owner 🙁

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Tina, so sorry to read your sad post. I do hope you get it sorted out asap. It is truly a great car (when running) . Please keep us updated

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Tina, firstly a warm welcome to the forum.

What a shame Ford can’t look after customers in a sensible way. If only car manufacturers would understand customers talk to one another. If they had looked after you well, your post would have been completely different. I do hope it all gets sorted out soon, please keep us all updated.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hang in there Tina, It’s frustrating but it will get sorted. Not sure which dealer has it but if it’s where I think it is locally the techs were brilliant when I got the fmp375 fitted last year.

last year I got the RS it was one of the highlights of the year, also lost 2 very good friends that realigned my priorities.

Look forward to getting the beastly back and enjoy the spring.

a drive over Holme moss always puts a smile on my face.

Yorkirs……

May the Ford be with you

WelshBoy
    Participant

UK - Wales

Tina – sorry to hear about this.  My engine required replacement due to coolant loss at the end of last year,  after about 3,000 miles.  Once my local dealer had received the engine fitting only took about 2 days.  Keep in regular contact with your dealer to ensure that they are pushing for the engine from Ford – also make sure that you get a loan car whilst yours is off the road – you should be entitled to a car from Ford itself – the gave me a Focus ST-line

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Ask to escalate the problem and speak to the superiors of whoever is dealing with your case at ford. Phone them up if you can and it’ll give them a kick up the backside. The odd complaints handlers are pretty shit I think i had 1 with mine when i wasn’t happy with the recall situation and getting my car booked in and my complaints handler seemed a bit gormless

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@YoriRS

Holme Moss some great roads around their to blast about A635 and going airborne on the many of the yumps and bumps on that road awesome fun even stopping at Snoopies for a coffee and for the car to cool down and me to calm down :-). A grand part of the country for a blast out.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

warehou
    Participant

Australia

If they don’t act. SOCIAL MEDIA!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Leeds, Yorkshire (DISAPPOINTED) Newbie. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!