Long time lurker, first time poster! M400

Home Forums General Newbie Long time lurker, first time poster! M400

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all.

Thought I’d finally introduce my car to the forum.

Owned since April 2016, she’s on her 2nd engine and had quite a few subtle upgrades, including Mountune M400 (albeit keeping with the original cat-back exhaust).

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Chris, your RS looks very nice and clean and we’ll presented. I bet it’s that clean in the current weather if you have been out in it.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Chris, car looks good even though you’ve had not one but two engines, wow that’s some going. Nice pics thanks for sharing ?

Honorary Member

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi chris

car looks awesome how did you manage two engines?

garage looks tight for getting in and out lol

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

red-leader, The RS is a daily driver so does look grubby at the moment! Full refresh in the first week of April will see her looking better than new again!

Cheers bobcat.

Sennaboy, original engine developed the dreaded cold start misfire and smoking and this scored the cylinder walls so brand new engine was fitted under warranty.

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

What’s your review of the M400? I’m very interested in the pros and cons please

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

very nice Chris, have I seen that around Whitton Middx area?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda, No mate I’m from Cumbria.

walker-steve77, I grabbed a screen shot from my mini review over on focusrsoc..

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds good to me ??

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

At what mileage did you get the new engine and was it a complete unit with all the ancillarys turbo ect

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Chris…note, can’t enlarge your screen shot, do you have a link to the review? cheers.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Is it a tight fit in your garage as it appears? I thought my garage was small

Honorary Member

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

v8griff, here’s a copy and paste..

Another happy M400 customer here.

Like many others, I made the change from M380 to M400. M380 made the RS a quick car, but M400 takes it all to another level.

You can feel that the AWD now has to work hard to contain the power and I’ve found myself having to be on the ball when pushing on as the back end has become much more lively on the bends (Track mode, dampers normal).

Overtaking is effortless, any gear and a prod of the loud pedal sees you riding a strong wave of torque which builds speed very quickly.

Use all the revs and the experience is even more rewarding.. Loads of power up high and the car just keeps on pulling hard which sees the speedo move round the clock at a rapid rate.

The only difference compared to others is that I decided to keep the standard cat-back to keep the car a bit quieter for every day use. I’m tempted to go for a Milltek resonated exhaust ready for the summer..

zondas, the mileage was 8300 and it was engine only.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Long time lurker, first time poster! M400. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!