Looking for help

Home Forums Performance General Looking for help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mgaulin
    Participant

USA

My Focus was spewing white smoke and ready thru a lot of blogs have come to the conclusion that I have a bad head gasket. So I took my car to the local dealer and they told me I needed a new engine, but since I had done some mods( exhaust, custom down pipe , inter cooler ) that the repair would not be covered. The service tech agreed the the mods have nothing to do with the design and failure issues of this motor but says nothing he can do. By the way there is 6000 miles on the car.

Looking for so insite on what I can do next.

Has anyone else had this issue??

If anyone has any insite that would be great.

Desperate!!!!

Mike from Maryland

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

sorry to hear that. Think you may have to threaten them or Ford with legal action , maybe bring a test case to set a precedent.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Not sure where the burden of proof lies with this. Either you have to prove that the mods didn’t have a bearing on the engine failure, or Ford need to prove that they did. However, I would say that the action is with you as there’s probably something in the car purchase contract Ts&Cs that says the warranty will not apply if…….

Agree that you’ll probably need to take it to court in the hope that Ford settles before any adverse publicity. Although it could go the whole way if Ford are determined not to set a legal precedent.

Hope you get it sorted.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

P.S  what you really need to do is get that service tech on ‘tape’ saying that your mods have nothing to do with the failure, that kind of proof would leave them with no legs to stand on !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

ukmd
    Participant

UK - England

Take off all the mods and take it to another dealer for repair.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ukmd yer I thought that, but the cars reg etc will probably be in Fords system now as being recorded with an engine fault and that it has failed a warranty claim.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I would try it anyway. Worth a shot.

Strange how some cases Ford have warrantied the engine even with mods and some they don’t

Tubsy250
    Participant

UK - England

They normal have a warranty budget so early on they payout, but later on especially nearly 5 years when they exceeded the budget if you have the wrong tyres on they will refuse ??

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

To go court / court will set you back circa £15-20k.

Depending on the value of the claim you could do small claims court I think they go to around £7 or 10k can’t remember at this moment and cost you at the time around £100 ish

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Philb65
    Participant

UK - England

The op is in the USA, can’t offer any advice sorry but good luck mate.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Looking for help. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!