Magnetic grey, Wokingham

Home Forums General Spotted Magnetic grey, Wokingham

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Gave each other a wave as we passed. Hope your on here.

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Matt, that sounds very gay !! ha ha ha   Hows it going? how are you finding the DS2+ now? still loving it?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I gave it a proper limp wave haha! You know what I’m so undecided with it. Half the time the hesitation annoys me and i worry it doesn’t feel right then the other time I’m enjoying the extra pull. Ive thought of selling it but don’t want to go back to stock.

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Matt, trust me, go back to stock and you will think its awesome, you can wind it up instead of going in big gobs of boost and lurching down the road too fast then having to back off etc, the smoothness and instantaneous throttle response and the ‘squirtability’ of the std map at low speeds and revs is so much better than the DS !! PLUS its so much kinder to the engine, that map over advances the ignition timing and runs lean in places to heat the exhaust gasses to spin the turbo up quick, its hard on the pistons and rods and crank. I also felt it upset the balance on the limit when cornering, its not so smooth to drive, it made it raw and not so accurate and precise when throwing it round. You do miss the extra bit of power, but not much. After driving the ds2+ of my mates for a long while , it really made me enjoy my std one more when I got back into it and I have no desire now for mods or maps etc. When initially driving his DS2+ I thought “WOW I’m getting one of these”, but not now.  Just go back to the std ford map and I bet you won’t reinstall the DS 2+ !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Matt.B I’m also looking where to go next, defo not stock… way to boring, sluggish and reserved… DS 3 with all the hardware was a real good improvement on just filter and U2+… I do have quite a large budget as no travel this year yet… but where i would want to go, thinking of getting another car?? and keeping the RS as is….???

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

When i get a spare 5mins il load the stock map and see what its like again. Ive got an exhaust coming then il get a sports cat and cooler and load up the ds3 map and see what thats like. Will eventually get a proper map though

440bhp

443lbft

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

@GM is there any hesitation with ds3?

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

worse than the 2+ matt ! unless you have all the required mods DS say are mandatory minimum for DS3. Just try the stock map and go for a drive, its like smooth and polished compared to all pause and surge of 2+ !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Magnetic grey, Wokingham. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!