Many of you fitted an SSC after FMP375 ?

Home Forums Performance General Many of you fitted an SSC after FMP375 ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

prodrive305
    Participant

United Kingdom

I am getting FPM375 fitted tomorrow . Have many of you guys fitted a Mountune SSC ?

Reading about it seems not all cars are effected by the “ whistle “ after the upgrade .

Thanks

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

For the extra £25 it’s worth having it done at the same time, they will be doing the recirc valve anyway and it’s right next to the ssc.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

After my FPM conversion it wasn’t necessary and it’s still in the bag

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

stevep
    Participant

UK - England

Had mine fitted after & was Quoted £109 from ford just for fitting. Went to Pumabuild & paid £55 . Would have had it fitted at the time but wasn’t given   The option at my local dealer- Crap service as usual

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Fitted mine afterwards fairly simple to do yourself just a small set of circlip pliers needed

prodrive305
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks for the info folk , too late to get it done tomorrow with the FPM375 fitting i will ask if they have an SSC in stock which i doubt very much . Best case no whistle will soon find out .

Hot rs
    Participant

UK - England

Guys Have you read my blog titled  Moutune pro dealers.

• Basically am saying some dealers are crap & don’t merit a moutune pro dealership. They don’t have the knowledge or experience to advice you on your upgrades. A decent experienced dealer would have advised you that more than likely you would need the ssc on the fpm 375. do your homework or you will have to return for the ssc fitment again. Had mine done on the 18th Aug By Jackson ford at Henley -in -arden, brilliant service & the rs is now transformed,  am loving it. ?

prodrive305
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just got the car back no whistle but the engine was warm so see how it is when cold start .

Have any if you guys removed the soundproofing or had it removed while FPM375 has been fitted ?

I am sure I read somewhere that at Mountune HQ they remove it ??

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Mountune used to say removing bonnet soundproofing was necessary. But now often ask if customer wants if left in place. SSC is also optional. Depends on whether you mind the whistle. I think from what Mountune told me , all cars have the whistle but volume varies with each installation. Although SCC is a cheap part, changing it can be tricky if you’ve not done it before or have the correct tool.

I had the sound proofing left and the SSC fitted and am really pleased with the results. No issues with the larger induction pipe rubbing on the insulation either.

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Had mine done as the whistle was like a spaceship landing on cold start

I removed my soundproofing, much improved induction noise plus Mountune recco you do it too

prodrive305
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have just had a run out with the car i can hear the noisier induction sound but will give it another run later with soundproofing removed see how that goes. Yea had a look at fitting the SSC it looks a bit of a task and i have no patience so if i do need it will have to get the garage to fit .

Thanks for all the info folks much appreciated

Toddo
    Participant

Australia

Soundproofing removed on mine after fitting mountune’s induction kit, was concerned about the extra heat on the underside of the bonnet and found this company https://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/car-underbonnet-kit/ , really good product and easy to fit, they make a Focus kit, also got their engine blankets for track days etc when the engine is under extra load.

fitted the SCC as mine whistled terribly, once fitted whistling went.

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

mine was done no noise at all scc  is a  must

prodrive305
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thinking on giving it a go the fitting of the SSC, what circlip pliers do you guys recommend ?

Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Many of you fitted an SSC after FMP375 ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!