Milltek downpipe big problem – help

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Milltek downpipe big problem – help

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jakub Winiarski
    Participant

Poland

Hello. I immediately apologize for my English and for the translation errors. I have a 2017 Ford Focus RS MK3. The car traveled 104,000 km, the head gasket was replaced at 5,000 km, and the entire engine was replaced at 47,000 km because the bearing shells turned. Currently, the catalytic converter has failed, so I decided to install a catless downpipe. However, the wait for a custom exhaust was long and I got the option to purchase a downpipe from Milltek. The auto repair shop I took the car to called me and said none of the downpipe gaskets would fit and I ordered a UK serial number gasket directly from Milltek through a UK distributor. The downpipe was repaired, the car handed over to the tuner, but from the very beginning I had the impression that the connection was leaking. The exhaust got worse and worse until it finally threw a check engine code on probe 1, too lean a mixture or something. Today, when I was going to the mechanic to check what was going on, I was accelerating in 3rd gear and had about 5 revs and there were misfires. The mechanic after the diagnosis stated that 000/1 of its surface remained from the gasket and that it blew out. He stated that a sandwich gasket was sent, not a compressed one. Another shop that makes custom exhaust systems said they had had this happen before and apparently the flange was poorly manufactured by Milltek. From what the rally car mechanic told me, at the moment there are 3 solutions. OEM pipe flange and weld it to the Milltek downpipe, or have the entire downpipe custom made or purchased from another company. The question is what do you think about it. Have any of you had similar problems?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Milltek downpipe big problem – help. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!