Mistake of “The Day”

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Mistake of “The Day”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Well I went for a quick hour drive today car was great full drifting in the damp in all three modes Norm, Sport & Track it was a good drive out just to warm it all up and move the fluids around the engine.

Anyway came back to the garage pressed the button to open it open and drove in to park up.

Now here’s the idiot move. I pop the bonnet from inside as you do, I get out and walk round to connect the Ctek 5.0 MXS charger/conditioner and just see 600mm of snapped cable sticking out of the bonnet gap. This was the penny drop moment and yep I may of gone back to put the car on charge but I erm I clearly left it connected on leaving the garage. I later found it plug and all about 4 miles from home smashed and on the gutter.

First time in forever I’ve ever done this “Big Opps” moment 😂😂😂😂😂👍

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Whoops. Hopefully no damage to the Rs

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

😂😂😂😂

I drive over the Dehumidifier cable block. I have to say I heard that before I left 😂😂 F**k sake..

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2 can’t lie fella that brought a smile to my face on a Friday evening, thankfully no real harm done 🙂

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2 Hope no damage to your car, glad I’m not the only one as I microwaved a few car keys a while ago!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Oh dear, you’ll never do that again

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Yikes!

We all get a day like that.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Seems to be the cheapest I can find anyone know a cheaper one £56

https://m.louis-moto.co.uk/artikel/ctek-mxs-5-0-battery-charger/10002718?filter_article_number=10002718

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Went to get mine out of the garage today for the first time in weeks and let the clutch out with no movement? It was then I realised, I’d left the handbrake off and chocked the wheels 🤦‍♂️

NB FPM375

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just one of my nightmares.

Ive nearly done that myself – actually started reversing and luckily for a change I had opened my window for some reason and heard the charger drag over the floor as I moved.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I always leave sometime like a newspaper on the drivers seat to remind me the Ctek is connected.

Sorry to hear about your misshap @white-rs2 😠

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

White, I have the Halfords Advanced Smart Battery Charger Plus 238350. It’s £59 but good quality.

Edition, FPM 375

Mark Pitt
    Participant

UK - England

I always plug my ctek into the cigarette lighter/power socket and the mains feed wire just goes under the door to the plug. Never forget it then. Ctek sell a special connector for the 12v power socket

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone could have done the same thing, I nearly have but realised before it was too late.

Coastliner

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

If someone can just invent a wireless charger like for mobile phones. 🤔

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mistake of “The Day”. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!