Mountune advise

Home Forums General Newbie Mountune advise

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Hi everyone just about to buy a Mk3 in nitrous blue 67 plate and I have a question….it has had the mountune Ecu flash and air intake but not the exhaust so my question is will that make and difference to performance or have any warranty implications.Thank you.

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi. The air intact and ecu flash are pretty much the 375 kit (should also have the updated divertor valve and suppression chamber) but the exhaust was never part of that package.

2018 RS Edition

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you I’ve just put the Registration  in to Ford site and it says outstanding field action re head gasket..so now I’m unsure wether to buy it.It does have the extended warranty but it’s a big worry.All so it’s 67 plate with only 700 miles on it which has hardly been run in I would guess so I’m bit cautious as to my next move.

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Ford allegedly fitted the Mustang head gasket to all cars built before july 2017,some have had gasket fail and some haven,t(read the topic on forum)some say that,s why prices have gone down,Ford are fixing the issue and there is no better car out there so with the extended warranty you have no worries at all and are probably getting a better deal price wise.When all the problems are sorted prices will stabilise .

Build quality on these cars is excellent and performance second to none ,handling is awesome ,Do you really need any more excuses not to buy one.

Former RS Edition owner

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Andy 100% agree with your comments

the best performance can on the market today for real world driving in the UK

only problem is the tuning bug gets you…………

May the Ford be with you

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you for your positive comments my local dealer has a edition in stock black roof  I think he said mirrors bit of carbon and said these are not affected by the issue so I’m thinking that I will just get that instead as I like the look.

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

Take  a note of the chassis number on the n/s/front windscreen on the limited edition one before you commit and put into Ford Etis system i reckon it will flag up theres a global recall on all of them incidentally mine has only 457 miles on it and i was told the summer before i get it sorted as there still no parts available yes great car poor show from Ford my salesman told me mine would be fine its late November 2017 🙁

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

No Edition is affected by the FSA.

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

Have they fixed the cylinder weakness on engine block on those first batch of so called limited edition models then or is it the heritage ones or is there another batch of limited run out what colour are they Ford are a joke lets be honest still no letter parts on so called back order whats to like about the situation silence along with delay the latest new mustangs with eco boost engines power now decreased any of them had head gasket recall nope!!

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

There are tons of posts on this and other forums explaining which cars are affected and how to check. Just read!

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Having read through the Head Gasket posts on here I have to say it’s made me think very hard about giving over my hard earned cash.Great site for information I’ve picked up a lot of info on these cars  thanks for the reply’s.Time to have a serious think!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune advise. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!