Mountune M450 / 500

Home Forums Performance Engine Mountune M450 / 500

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Rumours are abound of an all steel 500bhp Mountune conversion which are in the final stages of development using an hybrid turbo and the elbow their site has been selling for over a year now (its in stock), plus oil cooler and catch can system.

Also Including the closed deck block mod being available once again, apparently Ford stopped issuing blocks to cover the HG issues, this is why Mountune pulled this option.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Maybe be released at Ford Fair

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Kenny

Aah what does our leader know ??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’m Miketune, Ive 600bhp for sale.. but sorry, they are out of stock and don’t know when will be back in stock again, please check back !! Chocolate fire guard etc etc

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Will this get announced at Ford Fair on Sunday. The M450 or M500 kit for the Focus Mk3 RS.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Lotus104
    Participant

Sweden

M500 would be really nice, some kind of magical limit when it’s starting to get fun for real!

Tried 450 in a car with similar weight, fun but not remarkable fun ?

RS Edition , built 13/9-18 , and delivered 9/11-18

Mountune: R.M.M. / Roll restrictor, PTU Brace, Breather plate & Re-circulating valve.

Mishimoto: I/C + pipe kit, Catch can, Blue Aluminum expansion tank

Ford Performance / Remus cat back Exhaust

FSWERKS short shift kit.

quantiTEC Smoked rear lights.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

With aftermarket turbo it should be a 500bhp kit. There’s people nearly touching 450 on stage 2. I suppose it is mongtune though

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Factor in the forged re-build needed to keep it all inside and you’re talking much Wonga!

Mountune ‘recommend’ forging for the M400 (although just about everyone – inc. me – are running standard internals) I wouldn’t mind betting they would not flog you anything more without forging?

JohnD

Chrisbuer
    Participant

UK - England

I’m pretty sure this is in testing now 🙂

I’ll be going for it when it’s available so I’ll let you know what it’s like. However I have a feeling that Shmee bloke will be the first as I know he’s working with Mountune on power upgrades.

I think 500bhp would be a great number but I expect 450bhp and maybe a 500 with a bit more kit on it. We’ll see!

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Theres already 700 plus if you want it , best ‘re  mortgage the house tho

Para
    Participant

Germany

LoL @robroy :=) Thats so true…

What I am wondering most is if the engine block can handle it as there were some cracks reported between cilinder 2 and 3 in the past. Going this much up in Power is great, but keep in mind for how long it will last till your engine goes boeemmmm. The were not designed for this amount of HP.

I will wait till more information is available, till then I just sit back patiantly and enjoy the show.
    Glad there is more and more “stuff” comming for the RS with time.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@para

Think back to the days of the Cosworth.

Designed with 220bhp on basically a 110bhp pinto block and good for 1000bhp.

Cracking was due to the engines locking up when heated water turned to steam when the head gaskets let go.

So we never got the M450 / M500; all we got was a very over priced black radiator and lip spoiler. You could of actually imported this radiator from the USA site cheaper (in the sale) including import and vat, but in an expensive polished finish UK

Mountune UK taking the piss again on pricing !!!!!!!

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

There was a guy at Ford fair I think I overheard him  say work was done by Norris designs , 540bhp

Not sure if it was this club or focus rs oc

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Pat on here is running about 550bhp

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

That must be wicked 🙂

Also very brave !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune M450 / 500. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!