Mountune UK vs USA

Home Forums Performance General Mountune UK vs USA

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

RyanMasters93
    Participant

UK - England

So ive recently been browsing the web and thought id have a nose at the american mountune website.

After looking i was quite shocked to the amount of stuff available over there compared to the uk.

instead of an axle back exhaust they have a cat back system available for what equates to about the same price.

bigger injectors, cams, lightened cranks etc

anyone shed any light as to why this is? Or if it could be purchased from uk mountune at the same prices?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@RyanMasters93

I did the very same exercise a few months back and was told by Mountune UK if its not on their site or in their shop, they don’t sell it.

You then  have to import it direct from Mountune USA and their carriage charge isn’t cheap. As I did this with their road springs and some other bits and bobs, before they become available in the UK.

Cheers

Adey

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RyanMasters93
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers for the info adey

thats a bit strange though as you’d think as a company they’d be working together to offer everything no matter where their based

Laren Guthrie
    Participant

Australia

Guys, further to this, I’m fed up with the stock unavailability out of the UK. Going to pay pricey shipping either way given it’s got to come to Australia.

Highly likely going to order this kit https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Focus-RS-Induction-System-p/2536-is-aa.htm

And add this into the mix too: https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Turbosmart-IWG-75-Focus-RS-p/2536-wga-14.htm

Is there anything to your knowledge that I need to consider like different pipe bends etc due to the LHD US market? Or possibly any sensor variations?

Your insight would be appreciated!

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’ve been looking at the mountune USA for sometime now but shipping to uk is very expensive on the parts which I want.

Fully forged running M400x

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

You would think so Ryan.

The USA site never seems out of stock; and they actually have discount sales days, so keep an eye on it as the discount my cover the postage 🙂

But you need to register with them to get the emails, this was the last sale they offered –

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

RyanMasters93
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah I’ve noticed everything always seems to be in stock! Maybe uk mountune needs to take a leaf out out the USA’s book!

i’ll sign up if there doing offers like that, could defiantly make it worth while waiting for a sale!

If not I may just take the mp375 kit off mine and go revo stg2

RyanMasters93
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve also just calculated how much the USA mountune cat back system is including postage and the difference is like £20 comepared to the uk axle back

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

@Ryan – don’t forget to add taxes when you import parts from USA to UK.

IIRC you should pay import duty AND VAT on top as well?

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

RyanMasters93
    Participant

UK - England

That’s a very good point actually mark, didn’t take that into consideration! Thanks for the heads up mate!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Hope this helps a brief summary of Import and VAT –

If you pay Mountune USD$3000 (let’s say £2000) for your goods, the UK Duty rating for these particular goods is 3.5% and the shipping quote is £300 then:

UK Duty = 3.5 % of £2000 = £70.00

VAT = 20 % of (UK Duty [£70] + Shipping [£300] + Cost of the goods [£2000]) = £474.00

Therefore the total duties and taxes payable to import these goods would be £544.00 (£70 for UK Duty and £474 for VAT) in addition to the £300 shipping cost.

Duty and VAT calculator-

What Import Tax/Duties Will I Have To Pay?

Cheers

Adey 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune UK vs USA. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!