My car sold through Motorway.

Home Forums Marketplace Cars For Sale (Mk3 Focus RS only) My car sold through Motorway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

P T
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve spent over two months trying to sell my car. Waste of time trying to do it privately. Finally got 2k more than wbac using Motorway trade bidding. Next time that’s what I’ll do at the start. Esp now I’ve used the system once and learnt a lot.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Never used them but I noticed the other day they valued mines at £2500 more than WBAC.

What have you gone for instead?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

P T
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Turbo.
    I still have a similar car originally used by my son. When he wanted to sell it I kept it as it’s a bit newer and more comfortable suspension than mine was.
    the same  dealer who got my car paid me a lot more via Motorway than they themselves would direct, so the bidding system must be real and certainly worked for me.

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

how do they give an accurate price? as just bidding from pics would be impossible,like we buy any car,do they give you an approx price then knock money off for stone chips etc ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ da Radman, did you manage to get yourself a new Focus in the end then?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

P T
    Participant

UK - England

Yes Radman. Bid from pics. They ask for a photo of every mark. They like Live Photos uploaded via a silhouette sent to your screen. Then a phone interview.
    On  collection I got a driver arriving by public transport and a quick check. He was clueless. Car was quite dirty. Didn’t lift the Bonnet! I got paid and he drove  it off. He was an oddball with 9 points and no sense.

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

thats interesting then,at least you got the cash

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

@P T that driver probably has 12 points now

Please check out and subscribe to my Instagram 

Check out my sons detailing website if you’re in the West Yorkshire area https://tphdetails.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My car sold through Motorway.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!