Navigation Malfunction

Home Forums Technology Navigation Navigation Malfunction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Munveer Dhaliwal
    Participant

UK - England

Good evening all,

Recently picked up a 2016 focus rs which i would assume has sync 3 retrofitted as its a 16 reg vehicle, however noticed it occasionally pops up with ‘Navigation malfunction, navigation is not functioning properly, please visit your dealer for service’.

Seems as though sometimes it picks up location where the vehicle is sometimes is doesn’t..

Has anyone come across this fault previously and could give me some pointers as to what could fix it? I have tried doing a master reset via the settings.

Currently running software version 3.4

Thanks in advance

Munny.

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

A very warm welcome Munny

I can’t assist I am afraid but do believe near the end of 2016 they did get sync3… mine is May 2016 and sync2 but not rally arsed as not what I bought the RS for, in fact I often turn the display off, wind the window down and boot it!

Some great guys on here and sure they will assist you πŸ‘πŸ» send some pics of your new purchase, it’s a thing on here for newbies 🀣

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Sync 3 was on cars built after mid September 2016 onwards.

Coastliner

Munveer Dhaliwal
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

Mine was registered in may 2016 so would assume it’s been retrofitted

Thanks

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t think Ford ever retrofitted SYNC3 to cars that were built with SYNC2, the pervious owner may have.

Munveer Dhaliwal
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah i would say its been retrofitted by a previous owner

Noticed today it comes up with the fault and doesn’t pick up gps location whilst standstill however soon as you start moving it picks up gps location. Not sure if i should try a new GPS antenna as they seem to be cheap to begin with.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Navigation Malfunction. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!