Need help with plate holder

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling Need help with plate holder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I got plate holders and I’m finally going to fit my private plate my Bro got me 2 years ago 😂.

My plates were stuck on so didn’t have any screws.  I just got normal plate screws but they don’t fit. I’ve only done the back and don’t want to do the front until I sort the back out..

I think I’m missing something because normal plate screws don’t fit in the screw holes in the pic below.

Also does anyone know the screw size I need?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Think I’m missing the bracket..  Anyone know the standard or good bracket?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I think most prefer to stick them on nowadays.

Many use 3m Velcro tape.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Lucky, I can’t remember the actual size but they are slightly longer ones ……. 🙄with the plate holder  on the back got mine free from the dealership

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by bobcat.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Dave

I was going to re-stick them on but thought I do this because the front black bits might get resprayed down the line as I’m looking to get rid of the textured look so doing this would make it easier. So there all matching.

Plus I’ve just spent almost an hour scraping off the old sticky pads on the front.

@bobcat

I reckon I’m missing the rear bracket.  Seen a lot of pics and vids of people in America swapping the brackets.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Lucky, that’s exactly what mine looked like only needed slightly longer fixings

Honorary Member

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

My dad managed to find 2 screws that fit alright so I’ve fitted it without the bracket and just straight on to it. See how it goes.

I went back to the wee car shop and they didn’t have any screws that fitted.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Will get a better pic in the daylight. I hope the 2 screws on the front and back will be alright.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Did the same as all above stuck on but I did manage to find 2 brass (Alan key fittings )screws in amongst my life time of screw collection 🤣🤣🤣pic follows <span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>sorry for lack of clarity about said screws only pic I’ve got without giving to much of number plate away 😢😢</span>

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Lucky I did remove 2 end sections of the original ford padding as you have illuminated, then I got some heavy duty Velcro from screw fix and put it in the 2 sections & then on end of plate holder , stuck brilliantly had it on 2 years no issues . 👍👍

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Pauly paul

My dad had about 3 old chocolate tin tubs full of screws hahah. Haha need to edit the pics on your phone and cover your plate..

I seen there’s a full on plate size Velcro one you can get. Fitted now, see how it goes and hopefully be fine. I might try and find a bracket or just leave it as it is.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

👍👍

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Need help with plate holder. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!