New A45 AMG get drift mode

Home Forums General Non RS Chat New A45 AMG get drift mode

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Mercedes-AMG redefined the hot hatch segment with the original A45 AMG, challenging expectations surrounding compact performance cars.
    The follow-up act could do the same, bringing improved performance and driver engagement through new technology.

Speaking with Drive at the Paris motor show, Mercedes-AMG boss Tobias Moers says the new A45 due in the second half of 2019 is “on the next level” compared to current performance benchmarks.

Expected to offer at least 300kW of turbocharged performance, the red-hot five-door was rumoured to follow the likes of Mercedes-AMG’s new E53 and GT 53 hybrids by bringing electrification to the segment.

But Moers has ruled that out for now, saying “it’s not going to be a hybrid”.

What we do know is that the A45 is likely to feature a development of the eight-speed dual-clutch auto developed for high-torque versions of the new Mercedes-Benz B-Class, along with an active rear differential similar to Ford’s Focus RS.

Like the Focus, Mercedes-AMG’s machine is expected to feature “drift mode”, a setting already available in the current-generation E63 S sedan and GT 63 S four-door coupe.

Promising the clever differential will bring “minimal” torque transfer across the rear axle, Moers hints that the A45 will do a more convincing job of driving sideways than the Focus RS, which works best in wet and slippery conditions.

“Did you drift the Ford on a proper race track?,” he says.

“Maybe you can go sideways in the A45.”

A45 AMG Drift Mode

Source: Motoring Report

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Bet they can’t do it for 30K though 😉

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Adding drift mode still doesn’t make me want one

Honorary Member

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

It’ll still be about 50k so no competition to the 30k RS

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

RSDave

So True

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Not fa me ?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

If there wasn’t a FRS I’d have gone for an A45 or a M2/M240i.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

I was debating about whether to get the A45 but the turbo lag was a killer for me personally. Hopefully the new one is a bit more responsive. Unsure if I can be tempted out the RS into one though, probably jump into a 2011+ GTR next.

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

I rather like it,but I don’t think I would like the price anybody got any ideas as to what it’s going to be? 40? 45?

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Likely to start from around £45k I think. Current one started at just under £42k and pushing £50k with options.

chris54
    Participant

UK - England

Got to be 40k plus I would think and I can’t see it becoming iconic like the RS surely will if it’s not already. Never tried drift mode on my car, not sure I’ve got the talent to not smash my car up trying it out lol

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Probably cost current list price for A45 plus 10%, then plus options

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Might be tempted to take a little test drive when it comes out.

tommy306
    Participant

Germany

Not for me, if I want to drive Mercedes here in Germany, I’ll take a taxi. ?

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

Rather have a manual in the new A45 amg than bloody drift mode. Used it once by accident on my FRS and nearly binned it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New A45 AMG get drift mode. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!