New Car Crime

Home Forums General Non RS Chat New Car Crime

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just seen sky news the new car theft method is with x2 relay boxes that can pick up your car key signal from outside your house then transfer it to the second box tricking the car! thank god for disc lock i reckon Ghost might be on order i just got my new RS today.

adw
    Participant

UK - England

This method has been around for a while

People advised wrapping the key in foil when not in use which blocks the signal.

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

First i knew or heard of it.

adw
    Participant

UK - England

A test on the ST

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Photograph Place your car key out of site in a small tin. Job done. Oh and have a back up.

Honorary Member

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Just buy a Ghost

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Faraday pouch

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Ghost and metal biscuit tin over night

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

RS Peanut
    Participant

UK - England

It’s definitely nothing new, but it’s interesting to see how quick and easy they manage to drive away with the car!!

I always keep my key in my Faraday pouch overnight. This is the one I use and I know it does the job:

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

Cheers guys i have just purchased the Faraday pouch from the above link one for the wife’s car as well as the Focus i honestly had never hear of this car crime until that sky news clip this evening..

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

RPU – Surrey Police (@SurreyRoadCops)
    26/11/2017, 19:28
    Please keep your eyes open for this Ford Focus RS

Stolen from Hillingdon hospital whilst the owner was visiting his sick daughter.

Ring Met Police if seen, or your local force if vehicle is in their area. pic.twitter.com/0d0nvFOWep

E69FAF1C-963D-45D9-86F6-684BBB882771.jpeg

Further details from police as may already be on false plate…..
    ·
    SurreyRoadCops
    RS07JOE FORD FOCUS RS 5 DOOR HATCHBACK BLUE Engine: (number) GT68592 VIN: WF05XXGCC5GT68592 if you see it parked on your street even with another registration plate have a glance at the VIN in the window

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Car Crime. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!