New engine first oil change

Home Forums Performance Engine New engine first oil change

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jonathan Walmsley
    Participant

UK - England

Hi peeps after a bit of advice please. I’ve just had a brand new engine and clutch fitted by Ford main dealer after engine failure and im about to do the first oil and filter change at 500 miles after the initial breaking in procedure. Question is should i use an engine flush to remove any swarf/metal filings with it being brand new and first oil change?? I’ve got the mountune magnetic sump plug to fit after draining the oil so will be good for the future it’s just this initial one that’s got me thinking.

Many thanks Jonathan πŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I wouldn’t use a flush personally as the internals shouldn’t have a build up of deposits. I prefer my oil changed whist its hot because its thinner and seems to run quicker and leave it whilst you have a coffee to fully empty.

Coastliner

Jonathan Walmsley
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner thanks for your reply mate i just thought because it was the first one to remove any particals from wearing in? But happy to except your recommendation.

Many thanks Jonathan 😎

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

drain it hot as Coast says, strain it as it comes out of the sump through an old pair of tights or stockings you dont wear any more and see if there is any debris caught, I bet it comes out with not a grain of debris in it !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

As mentioned by a few on here

Also make sure you use EXACTLY the right specification Castro’s edge when changing the oil, for the RS the oil when manufactured/ blended is filtered to a higher tolerance for impurities

Ford alsoput a UV marker in as well. Easy to check for correct spec if car. Goes in for a warenty claim, just shine a UV light in to see if it glows.

May the Ford be with you

Jonathan Walmsley
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the help fellas much appreciated and yes I’ll definitely be using the correct spec of oil I’ve already got the castrol edge titanium 0-40.

Many thanks Jonathan πŸ€ͺ😁

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

How comes your doing it,Β  shouldn’t the dealer ?

Jonathan Walmsley
    Participant

UK - England

I’m doing it at 500 miles through personal choice with the ford technician who carried out the work at the dealership (friend of mine) also installing the one step colder iridium plugs and magnetic sump plug at the same time. Can start stretching her legs then πŸ€ͺ😁😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New engine first oil change. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!