New Ford Focus ST: Driven

Home Forums General Non RS Chat New Ford Focus ST: Driven

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the post, makes interesting reading, Mmmm good but not very good

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Reading between the lines the tester states £6k more than the Hyundai, didn’t I say I thought the one in Stoneacre show room looked expensive at £33500. Pricing it over £30k I just don’t believe its good value.

Coastliner

ianc
    Participant

UK - England

Went into my local hendy Ford garage yesterday and they had one in the show room, up for £35,800. That £5k more and I paid for my RS in march 2017.

That’s a hell of alot of money for a ST.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

I remember buying a fully loaded MK2 ST3 in late 2007 for £18k, then another one in (MK 3.5) 2016 for £26k so seeing a hike in rrp well over £8k in 3 years for the 2019 model compared to the same increase in price over 9 years between my 2 ST3’s is absolutely crazy.  Will this mean any potential MK4 RS will be looking at being priced over the magic £40k mark – if so then I’m out!

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@rs-jon

You are spot on I think the MK4 RS if it happens with a decent spec will be mid £40k so ridiculous when you consider the quality of our cars.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@rs-jon

@coastliner
    , at  40K plus price tag  “I’m out”

Honorary Member

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

The pricing has gone mad. That was one of the plus point for Ford’s hot hatch, a working class hero, fast cars for the blue collar workers, best bang per buck etc etc.

It’s a big risk escalating prices in ths way. When I saw the list price I assumed there would be healthy discounts from Ford delaers to make the ST attractive.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

By the end of this year you will start to get some decent discounts on the ST and at current advertised prices, i’d need at least 20%. You may get this level of discount from places like DriveThe Deal but you may not be able to add options of your choice.

Can’t see me ever buying one new. The depreciation will be painful. I can’t see a 3 year old ST being worth any more than £15k fully loaded and low mileage and that’s too much a drop for my wallet.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3 – had a play with DriveTheDeal configurator, added about £1K extras, flashy paint and the performance pack, this is the quote for a new ST (about 14%):

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yes, just did it myself and got £5k off an estate with all options except tow bar.

Thats just after a few weeks on sale. I predict it will hit at least 20% by end of year.

ianc
    Participant

UK - England

£28400 is a much more respectable price.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Ford Focus ST: Driven. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!