New FRS owner

Home Forums General Newbie New FRS owner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

hi dudes,

just wanted to say hi, so ehm hi!

My name is Morten i am 34 years old and a proud Dane from Denmark.

I just picked up this 17 white RS last week. Head gasket recall was done earlier this year so i hope i’m safe-ish.

coming from 2010 e82 135i, and i must say a don’t regret it a single bit. This thing is sharp.

But ofcourse it needs upgrades.

mine is a liitle different.

I live in Denmark (born and raised) and we have crazy high taxes on cars.

one way to get around this is to register your car as a van, so i found one like that. Then it’s only taxed 50%… ?

So mine has no rear seats and just a flat floor behind the front seats. Positive side is that it surely must save some weight. I’ll take some pics of how it looks when i come home and a few better pics in general.

Very excited about my RS adventure.

Attila
    Participant

Hungary

Hi Morten!

Congrats!

I wish you accident-free traffic and a lot of fun!

Attila

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Morten

Welcome, an RS van now that’s something of an interesting conversion to get a good going on here

Fastest parcel delivery in the northern hemisphere possibly

Do you need to have the conversion inspected by an official to be reclassified as a van?

All the best for xmas and 2019

May the Ford be with you

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome RS van for tip runs sounds good.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Mok1st

Hello and welcome to the Club mate!! Another awesome looking RS for TEAM WHITE!! Looks real nice with the Black Multi-Spokes!! Enjoy!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing. Nice pic thanks for sharing ?Another one for the bda White club

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Yes welcome Morten very nice too. Team White is very well represented on here now! Bobs Black team is gaining new members too I see!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Morten, that has to be the best looking van I’ve ever seen.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

paul M, maybe the fastest too!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

A warm welcome Morten to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy your RS van as much as we enjoy our RS’s. It’s a great drivers car and lots of smiles. Safe driving.

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome, enjoy the RS van.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Hello Morten

Congratulations on the car and Welcome to the Mk3 club

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

faber
    Participant

France

Bienvenue au club RS3 avec une jolie blanche.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

Thanks alot guys,

i thought it would be tough to beat the 135i on fun factor within the price range, but the RS really surpriced me. I was sold after first testdrive.

First mod will be the lowered seat mounts from JCR. I am just over 2 meters tall, so it’s not even a choise for me. ?

YorkiRS: yeah, the conversion needs to be inspected and aprooved. There are some requirements to dimensions and build of the “cargo room” or whatever you wanna call it. ?

here’s how it looks in the back.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Looks vantastic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New FRS owner. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!