New guy from wokingham/reading area.

Home Forums General Newbie New guy from wokingham/reading area.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello people. I’ve been a fast ford fan for a long time now. After seeing my old manager in his brand new mk1 RS many years ago its been a dream to own one.</p>
    After buying a brand new golf gti performance last year and then having some douche write it off I decided its time to fulfil that dream.

Picked it up last week and absolutely loving it. Original plate is BJ17 UKE so if anyone has any info on it would love to hear it.

Golf.

http://imgur.com/Ula6HFF

RS

http://imgur.com/dvjOnd2

http://imgur.com/dcp1AdS

http://imgur.com/1WPyIhK

440bhp

443lbft

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. What colour did you go for? Every time I drive mine it makes me smile, hope yours is having the same effect on you. I live in Surrey and have a blue one. Look forward to your posts in the future. Cheers Red

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Matt, congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing ?

Honorary Member

r5-yyh
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome mate, im based in Reading too, you may hear me before you see me 😉

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome matt another one for the nitrous crew ??

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt, yes I now looked at the links, a very smart blue one, looks very special in the sun! ?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys. I’ve already seen a white and grey in reading and a blue in Bracknell which looked like it had a Maxton kit on it.

Ive already started collecting parts, dmb badges, carbon gear knob. Looking to to lower and add spacers soon.

440bhp

443lbft

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@matt

Hello and welcome to the Club mate!!

There’s a lot of people on here who’s dream has been fulfilled when they got a Mk3 RS, myself included!!

Lowering the car a touch and fitting wheel spacers makes a hell of a difference to the stance and makes the car look even better!!

I see you’ve got the black Forged alloys so I’d recommend fitting H & R 15mm Spacers, the black Forged alloys have cut outs in the rear face to accommodate the nuts that hold the Spacers on, they are the easiest to fit and don’t involve changing the Studs. They also allow you to still use your original Wheel Bolts and OEM Locking Nuts.

Enjoy!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Perfect thanks brembo. Sounds like H&R spacers are the ones then. Even better you can still use the locking nuts.

440bhp

443lbft

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Like these ones ??

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

20mm rear 15mm front with mountune springs 

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Do the spacers and lowering springs make the wheels catch on full lock?

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

@mexicoian looks very aggressive.

Where is the best place to get h&r spacers?

440bhp

443lbft

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Matt-b , Got mine from scorpion of there car but plenty popping up on Ebay now at good prices ??

Walker-steve77 no issues with mine on lock ?

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

mexicoian – Mate, your car looks superb, credit to you, you’ve put together some really nice mods there.

Was it necessary to have the geometry checked/altered at all, after fitting the handling mods?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New guy from wokingham/reading area.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!