New Head Gasket Design from Ford

Home Forums Performance Engine New Head Gasket Design from Ford

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Big “if”, but if it’s a case of preventing a failed engine, e.g. if you don’t notice a drop in coolant levels, then I’d say prevention is better than cure. Don’t know about others but my dentist places a lot of emphasis on good hygiene to prevent needing fillings, or even extractions. Just my view.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Ford probably want owners to do it themselves as it removes their liability and also impacts on the warranty. But that said, this is a personal decision.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for sharing that information Kenny.

Now all ll we can do is wait and see what FMC decide to do. Up to then I shall be enjoying driving mine. Hopefully it will all hang together for a while.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

What I’m saying pnp77 is.. you don’t get a filling just because in  future you may need one. I would not expect Ford to start replacing head gaskets ‘en masse’ on cars that are running issue free, more likely they will just replace them as they fail. I don’t know what sort of good hygiene you can use on a cylinder head to stop its gasket blowing. I’m just up the ladder to change a bulb in case it blows….

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

I hope they do deal with this as I just get worse

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@PNP77

I quite agree as its “NOT IF” their is a problem, as their “IS A” problem with the head gasket design.

So the analogise of just in case “teeth and bulbs” are way off the mark, but I DO AGREE with your statement of don’t fix it if it is not broken.

But their clearly is an issue with head gaskets and possible heads. As heads are “NOT” confirmed and gaskets are, this means each engine built prior July 2017 is basically a ticking time bomb, awaiting the right circumstance / time to go POP BANG but not in the usual good way.

But if your going to change the head gasket you’d be potty not to fit this at the same time the Norris Design Block Deck Brace (about £300), which will be a huge benefit if you go for more power in the future and also the Athena Multi Layer Steel HG (about £120) as large percentage of the cost is labour on the removal and fitting.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Would they likely void warranty though? I’m trying to get my car into the dealers as it’s clearly got all the problems of a damaged head and possibly cracked block and I’d get these done at the same time but wouldn’t ford being ford likely then void the warranty?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Simple answer is YES it’ll void your warranty !!

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

greyghost
    Participant

USA

Ford may issue a Technical Service Bulletin(TSB) so each dealer will have the correct procedure and parts to repair the head gasket issue correctly. this is what I expect to happen.

I am on my second motor as first one (’16) blew up at 13K miles. I now have a ’17 motor with the version -C head gasket so hopefully it will last. I plan to tune the motor after 20K miles on the new motor to make sure it doesn’t have the issue too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2016 SG RS2 Forged wheels in my garage.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Head Gasket Design from Ford. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!