New member North East England

Home Forums General Newbie New member North East England

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Davemacrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi. Just joined yesterday. Picked up my 2017 NB on Monday. Been waiting a while for the right car. I had a 2009 Mk2 which I owned from new and sold after 3 years.

Always regretted selling but circumstances at the time forced my hand. Been a Ford fan since I started driving in the 80s and had several fast fords over the years. Love this MK3. I’m just awaiting the dealer contacting me re the Gasket pressure test. There seems to be a long waiting list. Any tips on making sure I don’t get any issues before it goes in the for test. Thanks

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome David, one thing to do is ask the service department if they have got the all the part need to do the work, some have reported the garage are short of sealant.

Honorary Member

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome…where you based David? I’m in Whitley Bay.

Davemacrs
    Participant

UK - England

South Shields mate. Just through the Tunnel

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one, where did you get your car, Lookers Sunderland by chance?

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi and welcome

Fully forged running M400x

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome David, great choice of colour, looks so good in the sun.

Davemacrs
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah lookers Sunderland.

Josh1987
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the forum

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

@david Just had a quote for a first service from them guys, £100 more than everyone else (Jennings & Arnold Clark) never got to understand why the big difference.

Davemacrs
    Participant

UK - England

Strange. TBH I’ve not had any dealings with them other than the RS I’ve just bough as the car is coming up to a year old its due its 1st service so they have done that prior to me collecting it. in all honesty they were fine with me. The salesman and his boss were good. Only issue I have is the car has a Ghost immobiliser and tracker and was advertised on their site stating the following. ‘As well as being registered with Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser and Smarttrack tracker’. All the paperwork with the car but when we checked at home it clearly states that its not transferable. I phoned them up and they said that I would need to take out a new subscription. Which is a tad disappointing. Other than that I was happy with the deal.

llez61
    Participant

UK - England

hi and welcome

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Well being a Ford store I’m guessing they are inflating their service charges, namely £278 as opposed to other “normal” Ford dealers @ £175. I’m personally not that precious about where I take my car, as long as it’s Ford obviously.

Ref the Ghost claim, was that aspect not mis-sold then?

Davemacrs
    Participant

UK - England

It’s certainly an interesting one. So when I rang them he did apologies stating that they should have expanded a bit more about the subscription being previous owner.

I’ve attached the pic description around the wording. TBH I’m over the moon with the car.

tallandlong
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome, hope to see you driving round tyneside at some point.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New member North East England. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!