New member ( with problem already)

Home Forums General Newbie New member ( with problem already)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Col_D69
    Participant

UK - England

I picked my ’17 plate RS up on Saturday. A pleasant drive home with now issues. Ghost II installed on Monday. So far so good.

This morning, I was on my way to work when the auto stop/start keeps switching itself back on after I’d switched it off. Any one else come across this issue?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Colin

Not heard of this but to be honest I have never deselected my stop start. My initial thought was if you were switching off the ignition and back on it would default to stop start, but I don’t think this is the case. Probably a visit to the dealer or the place where you purchased.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

it will stop working at cold temperatures and if it thinks the battery charge is low, and if you have the climate control and stuff on. Mine comes up with the grey warning on the dash now and then now its like 5’c or less and my car I not a daily driver so battery not fully charged by driving daily

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Colin, welcome to the forum.

The stop/start function is reset every time you switch off the ignition, to back on again. I am sure I read this somewhere in the owners manual a while ago. Hope this helps.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Colin.. have a read. #8 & #9 are on the money. when he says its 25 degrees, he means Fahrenheit, and NOT celcius!! COLD.

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/40065-if-your-auto-start-stop-not-working.html

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Smoothound
    Participant

UK - England

If I could I’d disable mine permanently but I’m not sure you can ? It’s a PITA that it resets everytime the ignition is turned off ?

Cheers

Phil

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Who installed your Ghost?

Col_D69
    Participant

UK - England

A very nice fellow named Ahmed from Birmingham fitted the ghost.

Problem seems to have righted itself .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New member ( with problem already). If you're not already a member then you can register for free!