New Mountune Breather Plate RS Version

Home Forums Performance Engine New Mountune Breather Plate RS Version

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

NEW: Breather Plate – RS

£148.99 Inc. VAT
    £124.16 Ex. VAT

Maintain the peak engine performance of your Mk3 Focus RS whilst adding provision to neatly expand your oil breather to include a catch can system.

It’s well documented that direct injection engines, like the 2.3-litre EcoBoost found in the Focus RS, create oil vapour from the crankcase and cylinder head which is normally recycled back through the air intake system. This vapour can create a buildup of carbon deposits on the intake valve that reduce engine performance.

Additionally, the oil vapour can accumulate on the intake hoses, turbocharger, intercooler, and intake tract over a period of time, slowing airflow and thereby further reducing performance. For optimised engine performance, the oil should be removed from the vapour before it reaches the engine’s intake system.

The mountune Mk3 Focus RS breather plate directly replaces the original engine block plate and features a substantial increase in baffle surface area over the original part.

The labyrinth-style baffle has been machined into the oil breather plate itself, substantially increasing the surface area compared to OE, which allows more crankcase vent vapour to be trapped and remain in the crankcase where it belongs.

Additionally, the route the oil vapour takes on its way to the intake manifold has been significantly increased through the labyrinth design, resulting in an increase of deflection areas. At each deflection point, additional oil is removed from the vapour.

Installation is easy and, while not required, the mountune Focus RS breather plate also includes two ports to allow easy integration of many catch can systems on the market.

This part is a must-have for higher boost / high performance applications.

Features
    • Designed and optimised for modified 2.3-litre EcoBoost engines
    • Direct replacement
    • Easy installation
    • Machined from solid aluminum with a precision machined labyrinth-style baffle
    • Twin ports facilitate easy installation of a catch can system

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

tichy-cosworth
    Participant

UK - Wales

Shame there sold out not like mountune

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Had this fitted for a few hundred miles now and noticed a significant reduction in soot on the tail pipes.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Got mine from mountune USA long time ago, will be fitted along with all my other goodies on the 11 June ?

Fully forged running M400x

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Ian Barker

I thought Mountune USA used the UK ST Breather plate, not the recently released RS version

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Got mine fitting this weekend now the head gasket is done ?

grethch
    Participant

Germany

Hi Mexicoian,

Where did you get the Rs plate? At the mountune page the plate is always sold out.

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Mine arrived from scc had eight in stock Mountune never get back to you when available

fitting on the 11th June

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I like a bit oil being blown in past the inlet valves, it used to be called ” upper cylinder lubrication” !! Get yer top compression piston ring some lube. Many folk used to add redex etc to do it.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

<!–more–>hi grethch got it from mountune said out off stock but when i rang them they had one ??

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

There was one on eBay last week

Fully forged running M400x

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Happy to report after hundreds of miles since fitting, exhaust tips are clean as a whistle. Used to get loads of soot.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Think I need to get one of these, fitted my mountune secondary air intake yesterday and found lots of oil in the intake piping, wish they weren’t out of stock all the time?

coupe20vt
    Participant

UK - England

Do you need to drain the oil to fit this part?

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

No, but you do need to remove the inlet manifold which takes care due to the various connections.

JohnD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Mountune Breather Plate RS Version. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!