New oldie

Home Forums General Newbie New oldie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mihart
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guys, probably the oldest newbie to join the club. just reached the grand old age of 65 and it’s true it is only a number. promised myself a retirement present and guess what it’s a Mk3, blue and love it.

My first car when finishing my apprenticeship was a new Mexico, CUF 7L, bought new in 1973, then an RS3100 Capri.

This was followed by a few company cars and an introduction to BMW M sport models, 2 x ZM Coupe’s and an M3.

So why not another BMW ?, they all now look the same, are just too expensive and after paying £32K for an M3 and getting £11K on selling it 3 years later decided the Mrs would divorce me if I did this again. So the Focus it was.

Watch this space for future comments, not too many queries I hope.

Good to join and chat

Best regards to all

mike

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome to the forum Mike, 65yrs that’s not old I not sure but I believe there are a few older members on here. Any pics to share please. Enjoy and happy RS’ing.

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi Mike, welcome. Wonderful Capri 😎

The fact that you didn’t choose a red Porsche 911 with beige leather proves that you’re not old at all 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Mike life begins at 65 so my dad says ?? enjoy the RS and if poss get some pics up of the old and new

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New oldie. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!